Nassau Re life insurance review 2021
Get a term policy with multiple benefits included at no extra cost.
finder.com's rating: 4 / 5
- Get a quote if you want a policy without a medical exam.
- Pick something else if you want to convert your term policy before it expires.
18 to 70
$50,000 to $500,000
Medical Exam Required
Term life and Final Expense whole life
10, 15, 20 or 30 years
|Medical exam required||No|
All US states and territories
|Issue age||Not listed|
- Included riders
- No medical exams
- High customer rating
- Few options
- Lower than expected financial strength ratings
- No online quotes for Remembrance Life
Accelerated death benefit rider
Accidental death benefit rider
Heather Petty is a personal finance writer at Finder specializing in home loans, banking and insurance. After falling victim to a disreputable mortgage broker when buying her first home, she’s on a mission to help readers avoid similar experiences when managing their own finances. A self-proclaimed word nerd, her writing has been featured on MSN, Credit.com and MediaFeed.org, among others. Heather previously worked as a technical writer and editor for the casino systems industry and is an internationally published young adult mystery author. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in journalism from the University of Nevada, Reno.
Nassau Re’s life insurance policies have a lot going for them, such as the included rider benefits, the lack of a medical exam and an easy application process. But if few policy options and the company’s questionable financial strength concern you, take the time to compare other life insurance companies to find a policy that’s better suited to your coverage needs.
Nassau Re life insurance rates
For term life insurance, your base premium rate reflects your age and the length of the term policy you buy. Included is a $72 annual policy fee. Pay your premiums monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually.
We gathered the following sample quotes for monthly premiums on a $100,000 term life insurance policy for non-smokers of average height and weight.
|10-year term||15-year term||20-year term||30-year term|
|Male, age 30||$15.28||$15.71||$16.22||$19.76|
|Female, age 30||$13.72||$14.50||$15.02||$17.26|
|Male, age 40||$19.85||$21.66||$23.39||$32.97|
|Female, age 40||$16.57||$17.61||$20.80||$27.10|
What affects my rate with Nassau Re
Because Nassau Re has nonmedical and simple issue underwriting on its insurance policies, the premiums are mostly based on age. But the company uses standard tobacco risk classes, so the best way to save money on a Nassau Re policy is to quit smoking.
How to get a quote from Nassau Re life insurance
You can get an online quote from the website by following these steps:
- From the main term life insurance page, click Get a Quote.
- Use the slider bar to select the amount of coverage you want. Scroll down and you can see the premiums based on the term of your choosing.
- Select the policy you want and choose to have the quote emailed to you or click Next to apply for the policy.
- Enter your personal information and choose how you want to complete your application, either by phone or online. If you click By Phone, you can schedule a call with an agent. Click On the Web to continue your application, which includes a medical questionnaire.
What types of life insurance coverage does Nassau Re offer?
Nassau Re offers two types of life insurance policies that include significant benefits.
- Term life insurance. The Safe Harbor Term policy is available in both an express and regular plan, in 10-, 15-, 20- and 30-year terms. While there’s no medical exam required, you need to fill out a medical questionnaire when you apply. And, depending on your answers, you may need to supply an Attending Physician’s Statement (APS). There’s no APS statement requirement for the express plan.
- Final expenses whole life insurance. The Remembrance Life policy is for people 50 and older looking to help cover their end-of-life expenses. Purchase between $10,000 and $50,000 of coverage, depending on your age when you purchase the policy, and your minimum premium is $360 annually, and includes all riders.
What riders can I add to my policy?
Nassau Re includes offers these riders to add extra protection to your coverage:
- Accelerated death benefit rider. Allows you to access up to 95% of your death benefit ahead of schedule if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Accidental death benefit rider. If you die due to a covered accident, Nassau Re pays an additional lump sum on top of the death benefit, equal to 100% of the face value of the policy. This rider is included with the Remembrance Life policy and you can add it as an optional rider to your term life policy.
Nassau Re life insurance reviews and complaints
Nassau Re has an A+ rating from the BBB and extremely high customer satisfaction, scoring 4.9 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot with over 1,320 reviews, as of October 2020. Trustpilot reviewers call out service representatives by name, praising them as friendly and knowledgeable. Even when reviewers give Nassau Re a poor rating, they have nothing but encouraging words for customer support.
|AM Best financial rating||
|Trustpilot score||4.9/5 out of 1,541 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||22 January 2021|
Compare life insurance companies like Nassau Re
More about Nassau Re
Nassau Re is a fixed annuity and life insurance company that was formed in 2015 by a private investment firm. The company has since acquired several smaller companies and expanded to offer insurance and annuities, reinsurance, distribution and asset management.
Frequently asked questions about Nassau Re life insurance
Life insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our experts analyze life insurance companies to help you to find the strongest possible policy and premium for your family’s needs. We assess their financial strength, customer satisfaction, policy features and riders. We then give each insurer a score between one and five stars that reflects their offering and reputation in the industry.