Where to find a lender near you, and what you need to apply.
Can I get a payday loan in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
Yes, you can get a payday loan in Tulsa, Oklahoma either online or at a storefront. However, the state has laws in place to protect borrowers. Here’s what you can expect:
- Maximum loan: $500
- Maximum finance charges: $15 for every $100 borrowed on loans up to $300, decreasing to $10 for every $100 borrowed beyond the initial $300
- Terms: 12 to 45 days
- Renewals: None
All lenders must be licensed according to Oklahoma state law, which makes it easier to tell if they’re legit. You can read more about how payday loans work in Oklahoma by checking out our guide.
Here are some short-term lenders you might want to look into
What do I need to apply?
While requirements vary by lender, you typically need to meet the following criteria to get a payday loan in Tulsa, Oklahoma:
- Have a steady source of income. Some lenders might require you to have a job, while others just want to see you have enough money coming in to repay your loan.
- Have a bank account. While a handful of lenders might not require a bank account, most do.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident. Most short-term loan options in Tulsa aren’t available to nonresidents — though there are other options.
When you apply, lenders often ask for the following information and documents:
- State-issued ID. Typically, you’ll need to provide an up-to-date driver’s license or other government-issued ID.
- Blank check. Some lenders might ask for payment in the form of a post-dated check.
- Proof of income. You might have to provide your most recent pay stubs or bank statements to show you can afford to repay the loan.
- Contact information. Lenders generally ask for a working phone number, email address and mailing address when you apply.
Where to find short-term loan locations in Tulsa
Short-term loan locations near me in Tulsa, OK
- ACE Cash Express. 6005 S Peoria Ave, Tulsa, OK 74136
- Southern Finance. 026 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74145
- American Loans of Tusla. 614 S Main St, Tulsa, OK 74119
- Check Into Cash 2621 Oswell St #109, Bakersfield, CA 93306
- Best Loan Service. 1503 S Sheridan Rd, Tulsa, OK 74112
- Advance America.7037 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74133,
Beware of high APRs
Even though Oklahoma’s maximum finance fees are similar to what you’ll find in other states that regulate payday loans, they can still get expensive. A $45 fee on a $300 payday loan with a 12-day term translates to a 456% APR.
While it might not seem like much for a 12-day term, it’s a lot more expensive than other options like payday alternative loans offered by federal credit unions — these have APRs capped at 18%. If you’re not in a rush, you might want to look into alternatives before visiting a payday lender.
Payday loans are available in Tulsa, but those triple-digit APRs can make borrowing expensive. And you also aren’t allowed to renew your loan, which means you can’t buy more time the way you can in other cities.
Want to know more about how short-term loans work? Read our guide to payday loans.