Need quick cash? Here are your options to borrow money fast.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security deposit needed
- Confidential and secure!
How quickly do you need the cash?
Credit card cash advance — possibly get money the same day
A credit card cash advance is a cash loan you take out through your credit card. You can typically get a same day credit cash advance one of three ways: by visiting the bank location, by withdrawing money from an ATM or by having the money deposited into your checking account.
The amount you can borrow is usually a percentage of your credit limit. Fees can be up to $20 or 5% of the amount being borrowed. Although you can repay the cash advance over a long period of time, interest accrues on the balance immediately.
The limitation with credit card cash advances is that you have to have a credit card in good standing that has an available credit limit for you to borrow from.
Short term loan — possibly get money the next day
An online short term loan is a lending option that gives you access to quick cash and typically comes with a brief repayment period. Online short term loans typically have fewer and less strict requirements than a traditional loan. But they tend to come with much higher interest rates.
One idea to minimize how much a short term loan will cost you is to only borrow the amount of money you need to cover your expenses and choose the shortest repayment period you can afford. For example, you may only need $200 to last you until your next payday. Borrowing a smaller amount of money and paying it back quickly could help you afford the repayments.
Compare your short term loan options in the table below:
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
Personal loan — possibly get money in 1 to 5 days
A personal loan is a form of credit offered by many lenders and financial institutions that generally comes with lower interest rates and higher maximum amounts than a credit card cash advance or short term loan. If you’re able to wait a few days to receive your funds, a personal loan could be an affordable option to borrow the money you need. The eligibility criteria for personal loans is usually a bit more strict, requiring good to excellent credit and a regular income. However, there are bad credit personal loan options available as well.
Compare your personal loan options in the table below:
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
What options do you have if you want to borrow money online?
You can turn to an online lender for a variety of different loan products, including:
- Online short term loans. Some lenders offer same day or even instant approval online. Your repayment terms will vary depending on the lender, but could be as short as one week.
- Online auto title loans. If you own a car, you can use its title to get an online loan. You maintain full use of the car while paying the loan off. Because the loan is secured, you’ll usually get a lower interest rate.
- Online personal loans. You can apply online for a personal loan through any of the lenders in the comparison table above. Be sure to check the eligibility criteria to make sure you qualify for the loan.
How do you compare online loans?
You can start your search right here at finder.com and compare your options any of the comparison tables above. When trying to find the right loan, comparing the following features can help narrow down your search:
- Interest rate and fees. This is one of the primary features you should look for when comparing online loans, especially if they are short term. States have different caps for APR and fees, so ensure the lender is operating within those restrictions.
- Application and turnaround time. How long does it take to apply and how quickly will you receive your loan?
- Eligibility. Lenders have different eligibility criteria, with some being more flexible than others. Check to see if you meet the eligibility criteria before applying.
What are the benefits of borrowing money online?
- Compare a range of options. There are many lenders operating online, and they can all be compared in one place. This is easier than driving to separate lender locations and comparing costs in person.
- Easy application. Once you’ve found the loan you want to apply for, you can complete and submit your application in a few minutes, no faxing required.
- Receive the loan directly into your account. When you apply for a loan online, the money is sent directly to your checking account. Some lenders also give you the option of picking up your loan in-store or having the money deposited onto a prepaid debit card.
What you need to borrow money online
Comparing your loan options and finding one you’re eligible for should be your first step, which you can do on this page. When you find a lender to apply with, click “Go to Site” to submit your online application – you’ll need some of the following details on hand:
- Personal. Details to identify you, such as your Social Security number, Individual Tax ID number or Alien Registration number along with your name and contact information.
- Financials. Information regarding your income, including how often you receive it and where it comes from – employment, government benefits, etc.
- Banking. Details of your checking account and your bank’s routing number may be required.
Alternatives to borrowing from a lender
If you’re worried you won’t qualify for a loan or just want to find a way to get cash without it affecting your credit, here are some alternatives to consider:
|Alternative||What you can do|
|Ask for more time||If you have a bill and you know you’re just not going to be able to pay on time, give the company a call and ask for an extension. You’ll be surprised that many companies will work with you to come up with a repayment timeframe that works for both parties.If you can’t pay the bill at all, you may have less negotiating power. You can try asking to speak with a repayment representative and see if they can waive the late fees, give you more time or even work out a more flexible repayment schedule.|
|Ask your family or a friend||Ask your family or a good friend to lend you some money. They may be willing to offer you a cash loan with no interest. But make sure you agree to repayment terms. Nothing can kill a great relationship like never repaying borrowed money.|
|Ask your employer||Some employers could give you an advance on your wages, and some big companies have employee loan assistance programs. If you opened up a discussion with your manager around this, you might even be able to discuss ways in which you can earn some more money with the company.Have you been doing such a good job you could get a bonus? Take a moment and think about any ways you could quickly earn some more money with your employer because they already trust you and they can pay you quickly.|
|Sell something||What could you sell today that will give you some money? Some examples are: baseball cards, stamps, rare coins, an old cell phone and an old stereo. Look around your house and try and to find something you don’t use but has value. You could quickly put it on Craigslist or a local reselling app and get some quick cash.|
|Do some side gigs||Check the “gigs” category on craigslist for some quick cash jobs. This could include: writing, manual labour, event coordination, creative or design work, database work, pet sitting or even housesitting.Tips: If you want quick cash, avoid listings that say “great experience” or “ideal for exposure”, these jobs are typically unpaid and just for people trying to get their foot in the door in a specific industry. Also try find a few similar gigs and compare compensation so that you can get the most money for your time.|
While every state regulates payday loans to a different degree, some states have banned lenders issuing these loans altogether. If the state you reside has banned payday loans, then you can’t apply for them online.
You can, however, apply for a loan if it falls outside of the definition of a payday loan. Some examples include installment loans and auto title loans. Installment loans are similar to payday loans except you pay the loan off over a longer period, while auto title loans are secured against your car.
Are payday loans available in my state?
Compare short term loans in your state
Frequently asked questions about borrowing money fast and online loans
Can I get an online loan funded on the weekend?
There are some lenders that offer online weekend loan funding, but this usually requires you to pay a fee or pick up your cash in-store.
Am I eligible for an online loan?
Eligibility criteria differ between lenders and states, so you’ll need to check this before applying. Generally, you’ll need to be over a certain age (this can range from 18-21), be a US citizen or permanent resident and show that you”re able to repay the loan. If you’re applying online, you’ll need to have an operational checking account as well.
Is it safe to apply for a loan online?
It’s safe to apply for a loan online with a reputable company. However, there are some illegitimate companies that operate online and prey on people looking to borrow money fast.
You should check that the lender has a secure and legitimate website before submitting your application. You can check whether it’s a direct lender or lead generation company and whether they’re transparent about the fees and other loan details. If you can’t find enough information on the loan you’re applying for online, you can call the customer service phone number to reach a representative. If you still don’t feel comfortable after speaking with customer service, you may want to consider another loan service to lend you money.
Check out our guide on how to avoid payday loan scams to learn more about protecting yourself.