Get a cash loan no matter what your credit history is. Read our guide to find out what your options are.
Bad credit can make it difficult for you to get a loan, but there are still options available if you need extra money.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure!
How does a cash loan for bad credit work?
There are two options for a bad credit cash loan.
You can opt for an in-store pickup of funds where you will be given cash shortly after being approved, or you can withdraw the funds in the form of cash from your bank account after they are deposited.
The application process and the amount you can borrow depend on the type of loan you apply for.
- Payday loans. Payday loans are designed to be repaid by your next check. You can borrow a smaller amount with them than you could other types of loans, but they come with high costs and are illegal in multiple states. If they are legal in your state, there are many lenders who will consider you despite your credit history.
- Installment loans. Installment loans are similar to payday loans in that they are often costly, but they have the added benefit of letting you pay in increments over months instead of in one lump sum. There are many lenders who will consider you even if you have bad credit so this is a good option for people who need money but can’t handle the short term of a payday loan.
- Personal loans. Personal loans are harder to get if you have bad credit, but they offer the best terms as far as repayment schedules. The interest on these loans isn’t as high as with payday or installment loans, but you must often borrow more money at once to receive financing.
With these loan types, it’s important to remember that you need to budget for the payments. Because it is quick cash, lenders will charge you high interest rates. If you think you may have trouble repaying the loan, it’s best not to take it out.
How you can compare cash loans
Here are some features you can use to find the right loan for you.
- Interest. Although state regulations may put a cap on the amount of interest a lender can change you, it is still generally high. Some lenders will charge less interest than others to remain competitive, so be sure to compare this when you’re looking for a loan.
- Loan terms. Payday loan terms vary between 14 to 31 days, though it could be more or less depending on where you live. Personal and installment loans usually have terms of up to 24 months.
- Loan amount. The amount you will be able to borrow depends on your state and the lender you apply with, but it’s usually less than $1,000. You can borrow more through a personal or installment loan, sometimes as much as $10,000. Find a lender who matches your monetary needs.
- Processing time. If you apply through a storefront lender, you can usually receive your funds on the same day. If you apply online, you will likely receive your funds the next business day, though this may take longer depending on your bank.
A selection of cash loans you can apply for
Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
Benefits and drawbacks of applying for a bad credit cash loan
- Bad credit is OK. You can apply if you have less-than-perfect credit as long as you’re able to demonstrate an ability to repay the loan.
- Apply without a checking account. Most lenders require that you have a checking account, as this makes it easier to check your credentials. However, you can find some lenders that offer cash loans to customers without bank accounts.
- Apply if you’re unemployed. Some cash loan providers will consider you for a loan if you’re unemployed, as long as you’re receiving some sort of income, such as government benefits or income from pension.
- High interest. Lenders view bad credit borrowers as high risk so they charge more interest and fees to protect themselves in case of defaults.
- Short repayment terms. If you opt for a payday loan, you’ll have to repay it quickly, sometimes in as little as seven days.
- Disreputable lenders. There are some disreputable lenders operating in the payday loan space, so make sure you apply through one you’re able to contact and you’ve ensured is reputable.
Things to consider before you apply
- Your budget. If you’re thinking about applying for a bad credit cash loan, it’s important to take your budget into account. If you feel you might have difficulty repaying the loan on time, think about alternative financing options.
- Your needs. Take time to understand the differences between short term loans, installment loans and personal loans, and pick one after taking your individual needs into account.
- The loan terms. Before you accept any loan contract, review its terms and conditions carefully. This should give you a clear indication of how much the loan might end up costing.