Need cash quickly but don’t have a bank account? Learn about prepaid debit card loans.
If you need funds quickly and don’t have a bank account, you could get a payday loan from a lender and have the funds deposited onto a prepaid debit card. This option allows you to get fast access to a loan without the hassle of setting up a new account with a bank. Read further to learn how to apply and other features of prepaid debit card loans.
Check into Cash Prepaid Debit Card Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash deposited to a prepaid debit card when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure!
Prepaid debit card payday loans you can compare
Below you’ll find various lenders and information about their services so you can see how they measure up to one another.
A selection of loans you can apply for
Here are some loan providers that you can apply to. Note that the max loan amount is based on the lender’s max amount. The amount will vary based on your state of residence.
A selection of lender matching services you can apply with
These lender matching services are not lenders, loan brokers, or agents for any lender or loan broker. They also do not make credit decisions. They focus on trying to match you with a lender that might be able to provide you the funds you seek. Note that the max loan amount is based on the matching services max amount, but it will vary based on your state of residence. If you proceed with one of these services confirm that the lender is reputable by checking with your local government.
How does a prepaid debit card payday loan work?
When you apply for a payday loan, in-store or online, you might also be given the option to request a prepaid card. If you’re approved the lender will transfer the funds into your loan account, which you can then access using the debit card. If you need a loan in the future you can receive those funds using the same card.
Most prepaid cards come with either with Visa or MasterCard, so you can withdraw money from your card at ATMs and spend it wherever the brand of the card is accepted. State regulations govern how much you can borrow and for how long, and payday loans are not legal in all 50 states. Hover over your state of residence on the graph below (or click on your state if you’re using a mobile device) to find out if payday loans are legal in your state.
Are payday loans available in your state?
Top six reasons to consider a prepaid debit card payday loan
There are a number of features that come with payday loans including:
- You don’t need a bank account. With prepaid debit card loans, you can have the funds deposited onto the card.
- You’ll get easy access to funds. Once the funds are transferred to your card you can withdraw money from an ATM, shop at stores that accept prepaid cards, and you may also be able to spend online or over the phone.
- You can receive other funds on the card. You aren’t limited to using your prepaid debit card to receive payday loans. You can set up most prepaid cards to receive direct deposits giving you quick access to your paycheck, tax refunds, and government benefits.
- You may earn rewards. Some prepaid card providers let you earn cash rewards when you use your card.
- Multiple loan options to compare. If you live in a state where payday loans are legal, you’ll have a number of lenders to compare and choose from. The time it takes to process applications and disburse funds varies by lender, so it’s in your best interest to compare your options.
- You can use the funds for any purpose. What you want to do with the loan is up to you. You can use the money for car repairs, forgotten bills, or to just get by until payday.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of prepaid debit card loans?
- No bank account required. You can find lenders who approve loans to borrowers with no bank account.
- Bad credit is okay. As long as you can demonstrate your ability to repay the money you want to borrow your credit rating should not stop you from being approved. You could even apply if you don’t have a credit score.
- Quick access to funds. Some lenders can transfer your loan to you on the day you apply, while you may need to wait until the next business day with other lenders. The process is generally quicker when you are a repeat borrower as you already have the prepaid card to reload.
- Higher fees. Payday loans charge considerably higher fees compared to conventional loans, making them a costly form of credit.
- Short repayment term. You’ll generally have to repay your loan on your next payday, so make sure it won’t put too much of a strain on your budget before you apply.
What you should know about prepaid debit card payday loans
Before you apply establish how you plan to repay the loan. If you think you might not be able to repay it on time you may want to seriously reconsider taking the loan in the first place. Not paying the loan on time means you will pay additional fees and charges, and it can also have a negative effect on your credit rating. Make sure the lender you deal with has a valid license and is allowed to lend in your state. Review the terms and conditions before accepting any contract.
How to apply for a prepaid debit card loan
Applications can be submitted online or in person. If you’re looking to get your cash on the same day your best bet is to go to a lender in person. In person or online you will need to meet some qualifications:
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Live in a state that allows payday loans
- Meet the age requirements of the state you’re living in (usually 18-21)
- Have steady income
If all of the requirements are met there are just a few steps to apply:
- Go online or in person to a lender
- Provide your name, date of birth, address, and email address
- Show state-issued ID or enter the information if applying online
- Give details about your employment status and income