How to buy Uniswap (UNI) in the UK
Learn how to buy Uniswap (UNI) on 9+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Uniswap (UNI) on a cryptocurrency exchange like eToro. These specialised marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. UNI is the governance token for the Uniswap exchange. Here's how to buy Uniswap.
How to buy Uniswap in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Uniswap is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit £ using the payment method that best suits you – debit card, neteller, PayPal and wire transfer payments are widely accepted.
You can now exchange your funds for Uniswap. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Uniswap to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Uniswap in the UK
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade UNI by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Uniswap?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the UK to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Uniswap?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Uniswap.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing UNI with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What is the easiest way to buy Uniswap?
The easiest way to buy UNI is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying UNI, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Uniswap has been performing recently.
Best Uniswap wallets to store your UNI
You can keep your UNI on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Uniswap a good investment?
Buying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk, such as learning more about Uniswap before buying:
- Don't FOMO buy coins: Spend time researching a coin before you decide to invest, particularly if the coin's price is spiking for seemingly no reason.
- Stick with well known exchanges: Unless you're an experienced cryptocurrency trader, stick to more well known crypto exchanges to help avoid the possibility of losing your money in a scam. When possible, store your crypto on a hardware wallet instead of on an exchange.
- Look into the coin's founders and developers: Anonymous teams are often a red flag, so if you can't find details on the creator of the coin you may want to consider investing in a different cryptocurrency.
Additional information about Uniswap can be found using our UNI analysis tools.
Today's Uniswap price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Uniswap ($6.3 USD) against its all-time-high price of $44.92 USD on 03 May 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer UNI is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: May 03, 2021
Uniswap ATH: $44.92
How to trade, convert or sell UniswapYou can convert or sell your UNI with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have UNI on.
- If you store your Uniswap in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of UNI you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Uniswap.
- Complete your transaction and move your UNI to a wallet for storage.
Cryptocurrencies are speculative and investing in them involves significant risks - they're highly volatile, vulnerable to hacking and sensitive to secondary activity. The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. This content shouldn't be interpreted as a recommendation to invest. Before you invest, you should get advice and decide whether the potential return outweighs the risks. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy EthereumPoW (ETHW) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ETHW).
EthereumPoW (ETHW) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ETHW.
EthereumPoW (ETHW) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on EthereumPoW and how the token will perform in the future.
Best crypto to buy now
Take a look at what’s trending in crypto right now, including the day’s biggest market movers and the latest social signals.
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra Luna Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
ZUSD (ZUSD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ZUSD and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy ZUSD (ZUSD) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZUSD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ZUSD).
ZUSD (ZUSD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZUSD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ZUSD.
Terra (LUNA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Ask an Expert