Most people are probably familiar with the BMW X5. The X5 has been on the roads since 1999, and has remained a favourite among drivers for almost two decades.
Keep reading to find out how much it will cost you to insure a BMW X5, compare quotes and start saving.
BMW X5 insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
Average insurance rates for the X5
You can insure your X5 for approximately £80.74 per month. This comes at the top end of the price range for a car in this field, however it is important to note that the average was swayed by the significantly more expensive insurance quotes offered for the 4.4L X5. If you’d rather pay in an annual sum, you’d expect to be set back an average of £868.46.
In order to calculate these insurance figures, we aggregated quotes from a variety of well-known car insurance providers. We used the following information to generate our quotes.
- Driver was a thirty-year-old male teacher from Exeter.
- Factory standard alarm/immobiliser technology.
- Five years no-claims bonus.
- An average of 10,000 miles driven per year.
- This was the only car belonging to the driver.
- Used for social, domestic, and commuting reasons.
- Car parked in a driveway overnight.
- We identified the car as a 2018 BMW X5 in all quotes.
- Comprehensive insurance.
Which factors will affect the car insurance rate of my BMW x5?
Insurance providers maintain the right to vary their quote depending on the information provided by the driver seeking insurance. Below we’ve identified some of the main factors that affect the cost of car insurance prices.
- Safety features. The presence of security and safety devices on the car may entice the insurer to offer you a lower rate of insurance as it reduces the risk of you claiming.
- Mileage. Insurers will analyse your policy in part through how many miles you drive every year, in relation to the national average of 10,000 miles per year.
- Modifications. Does your car possess any modifications not designed to increase safety or security? If so, there may be a price impact on your insurance figures.
- Driver details. What is the state of your credit history, no-claims discount and rate of driving convictions? Insurers will take note of the drivers’ situation. Variables that might affect your rate of insurance include age, sex, marital status, and geographical location – all of which inform the insurer about the stability of you as a driver, and hence can affect your premiums.
- Fuel type. The fuel type of your vehicle may have a knock-on effect on your insurance premiums. By our calculations, a 2.0L diesel model was £51.95 cheaper than the petrol equivalent.
Where can I find BMW X5 insurance?
You can get car insurance for your BMW X5 from most leading insurers. BMW also provide annual car insurance and complimentary seven-day insurance. If you want to get cover for your BMW, you can compare insurance quotes by clicking the button below.
Ask an Expert