BMW X5 insurance groups & cost
Find out how much BMW X5 insurance costs in the UK is and how you can save on your premiums.
What's in this guide?
- BMW X5 insurance groups and average cost by driver's age
- Average insurance rates for the X5
- Which factors will affect the car insurance rate of my BMW x5?
- Where can I find BMW X5 insurance?
- How can I save on my BMW X5 premiums?
- Facts about the BMW X5
- How safe is the BMW X5?
- Bottom line
- Compare insurance for other BMW models
Most people are probably familiar with the BMW X5. The X5 has been on the roads since 1999, and has remained a favourite among drivers for almost two decades.
Keep reading to find out how much it will cost you to insure a BMW X5, compare quotes and start saving.
BMW X5 insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
Average insurance rates for the X5
You can insure your X5 for approximately £80.74 per month. This comes at the top end of the price range for a car in this field, however it is important to note that the average was swayed by the significantly more expensive insurance quotes offered for the 4.4L X5. If you’d rather pay in an annual sum, you’d expect to be set back an average of £868.46.
In order to calculate these insurance figures, we aggregated quotes from a variety of well-known car insurance providers. We used the following information to generate our quotes.
- Driver was a thirty-year-old male teacher from Exeter.
- Factory standard alarm/immobiliser technology.
- Five years no-claims bonus.
- An average of 10,000 miles driven per year.
- This was the only car belonging to the driver.
- Used for social, domestic, and commuting reasons.
- Car parked in a driveway overnight.
- We identified the car as a 2018 BMW X5 in all quotes.
- Comprehensive insurance.
Which factors will affect the car insurance rate of my BMW x5?
Insurance providers maintain the right to vary their quote depending on the information provided by the driver seeking insurance. Below we’ve identified some of the main factors that affect the cost of car insurance prices.
- Safety features. The presence of security and safety devices on the car may entice the insurer to offer you a lower rate of insurance as it reduces the risk of you claiming.
- Mileage. Insurers will analyse your policy in part through how many miles you drive every year, in relation to the national average of 10,000 miles per year.
- Modifications. Does your car possess any modifications not designed to increase safety or security? If so, there may be a price impact on your insurance figures.
- Driver details. What is the state of your credit history, no-claims discount and rate of driving convictions? Insurers will take note of the drivers’ situation. Variables that might affect your rate of insurance include age, sex, marital status, and geographical location – all of which inform the insurer about the stability of you as a driver, and hence can affect your premiums.
- Fuel type. The fuel type of your vehicle may have a knock-on effect on your insurance premiums. By our calculations, a 2.0L diesel model was £51.95 cheaper than the petrol equivalent.
Where can I find BMW X5 insurance?
You can get car insurance for your BMW X5 from most leading insurers. BMW also provide annual car insurance and complimentary seven-day insurance. If you want to get cover for your BMW, you can compare insurance quotes by clicking the button below.
How can I save on my BMW X5 premiums?
Some of the features in the list above have simple fixes. Other methods of reducing your premiums are not so obvious, but don’t worry! We’re here to make sure you know how to keep the costs of your car insurance down:
- If possible, opt-in to certain extra packages that install security or safety features. This might include trackers or safety hardware installed on the vehicle. Try to make sure that your modifications exist solely to reinforce the safety or security of the car; insurers may increase premiums for drivers who invest in racing extras or other ‘flashy’ modifications.
- Have you considered paying for your car insurance annually rather than monthly? Whilst this would mean a single significant hit to your bank balance each year, you’ll avoid paying any interest on the premium.
- Keep your credit rating and no-claims discount in good standing. Insurers will reward this, especially if you are also not convicted for any driving offences in the given period.
- Try to reduce the amount you drive, if you find that you consistently emerge above the national average of 10,000 miles per year. If the opportunity arises where it is not necessary to take a car, walk or use public transport – it’ll save you money in the long run!
- Only insure drivers who regularly use the car – you can always add in others later! Claiming an extra driver on your policy when they rarely drive will send your premiums skyrocketing.
Facts about the BMW X5
- In the United Kingdom, BMW X5 models can be bought for a starting price of approximately £57,000.
- It was a conscious choice of BMW to ensure that the X5 was branded and marketed as an SAV (Sport Activity Vehicle) rather than an SUV, in order to draw attention to his capability on the road despite its bulk.
- The fuel economy of the BMW X5 is superb. This is in part due to BMW’s decision to restrict the number of models available with petrol engines, which use a lot of fuel in a short space of time.
How safe is the BMW X5?
The BMW X5’s bulk and extensive safety measures means it’s a pretty safe family SUV.
Available safety features include multiple airbags, traction control, and braking assistance come as standard on all X5 models, but you can also install automatic low-speed braking, automatic headlight technology and parking sensors to increase the safety and usability of your X5. Ask your insurer what extra safety and security features you can add in return for lower premiums.
If you’re the owner of a BMW X5, avoid paying over the odds by auto renewing your policy with the same insurer.
With a little careful research and comparing the policies on offer, you could save money without compromising on protection.
Compare insurance for other BMW models
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sorento insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sorento falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Mazda CX 3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mazda CX 3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 106 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 106 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Abarth 595 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 595 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ecosport insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Ecosport falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert