Audi S3 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Audi S3 based on your age and location.
The Audi S3 is a hatchback that’s effortlessly quick, with style and power to burn. Just as you’d expect from the German manufacturer, this sporty vehicle looks great and handles immaculately, according to reviews. However, there isn’t too much to differentiate it from premium hatchbacks offered by high-end rivals such as Mercedes or BMW. In this guide, you’ll find out how much it costs to insure an Audi S3, based on the age and location of the driver.
What insurance group does the Audi S3 fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Audi S3 models range from insurance group 36 to 42, meaning it will cost more to insure this car compared to the average vehicle. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £924 for cover on an Audi S3 Sportback TFSI Quattro 5d that is in insurance group 36 or around £1,062 for an Audi S3 TFSI Quattro Cabriolet Nav 2d S Tronic that is in insurance group 42. That’s £138 difference between the two models.
Audi S3 insurance cost by location
There are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for an Audi S3 GT Line 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S 5d.
- Expensive: £1,114 (London SE1)
- Average: £924 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £708 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Audi S3 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £1,114 for insurance for an Audi S3 TFSI Quattro Hatchback 3d, while you may pay £1,243 for an Audi S3 TFSI Quattro Cabriolet Nav 2d S Tronic. That’s an extra £129 per year you’ll pay for an Audi S3 with a larger engine.
- Driver location. Insurers will use your home address to determine the risk of your car being stolen or involved in an accident, and this will affect the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,114 for insurance for an Audi S3 TFSI Quattro Hatchback 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £924. That’s an extra £190 per year for those in the capital to insure the same vehicle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers pay more for car insurance because they’re more likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,938 for the Audi S3 TFSI Quattro Saloon 4d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,015. That’s a whopping £923 per year extra for the younger driver in this example.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s security features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- The annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- The number of years on your no-claims discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history
- Your occupation
How can I save on my Audi S3 premiums?
When searching for car insurance, it’s worth taking the time to search for a price within your budget. So, here are some ideas to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). Walking or taking public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you won’t be charged interest on monthly repayments.
- Install extra safety precautions. Extra safety measures make your car less of a risk for companies to insure. That’s why many insurers will lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there is likely to be cheaper options out there when you switch providers.
Audi S3 facts and trivia
- The first two generations of the Audi A3 were based on the same platform as the Volkswagen Golf and the Volkswagen Touran.
- The Audi S3 is available to buy brand new in the UK from £30,535.
The Audi S3 is a luxury SUV, which is enjoyable to drive, but it’ll cost you a lot as far as your insurance premiums go. Thankfully, the tips in this guide will help you to reduce your car insurance costs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Audi Q2 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi S5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi SQ5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi SQ5 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi R8 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi R8 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi A3 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi A3 and our tips and tricks to help you save on your premiums.