In business for over a century, OneMain Financial provides secured and unsecured loans for a variety of purposes.
- Offers both secured and unsecured loans.
- Allows joint applications.
- Higher APRs than competing lenders.
- Origination fees vary by state.
- Low maximum loan amount.
Looking for lenders with lower interest rates?
A peer-to-peer lender, Prosper could get you up to $40,000 to consolidate your debt, start a business, improve your home and more.
- Offers loans for a variety of purposes.
- Low starting APRs.
- Simple terms of 3 year(s) or 5 year(s).
- Loans capped at $40,000.
- Offers only 2 fixed term lengths.
Unlike OneMain Financial, Monevo isn’t a direct lender. It’s a connection service that allows you to quickly compare direct lenders offering personal loans from $1,000 to $100,000 loans with competitive rates.
- Check potential rates without impacting your credit.
- Submit your info to a network of top direct lenders.
- Award-winning service.
- You’re not guaranteed approval with a direct lender.
- Must use online contact form for questions, no customer service phone number.
This newer online lender considers things like your education and career path when considering you for its unsecured, fixed-rate loans.
- Good for younger borrowers with limited credit history.
- Offers a variety of loans with one simple application.
- Pay no fees for early repayment.
- High origination fees of up to 8% rolled into loan.
- Not the lowest starting APR in the market.
- Additional fees for things like paper copy requests and late payments.
If you have a good to excellent credit score, SoFi can get you fast funding with low interest rates and no fees.
- High maximum loan amount of $100,000.
- Available in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
- Free credit counseling and unemployment protection.
- *No origination, closing, late, NSF, or prepayment fees.
- Strict eligibility requirements.
- Lower approval rate than other lenders.
NetCredit offers unsecured personal loans up $10,000 that could help you rebuild your credit, even if you have a low credit score.
- Quick turnaround time with flexible repayments.
- Fair credit OK.
- No early repayment fees.
- Low maximum loan amount.
- Loans available in 14 states only.
- Stiff late fees could apply.
Avant offers personal loans with funds deposited into your account as soon as the business day after approval. Learn about similar online lenders.
- Quick approval and funding.
- Pay no fee for early repayment.
- Reports to the three major credit bureaus to help build your credit.
- Maximum loan amount varies by state.
- May not be available in all states.
- Potentially high origination fees if approved.
OneMain Financial Personal and Auto Loans
An established online and in-store lender with quick turnaround times. Poor credit is OK.
- Min. Loan Amount: 1500 (subject to state minimum size restrictions)
- Max. Loan Amount: $30,000
- Loan Term: Typically from 24 to 60 months
- Turnaround Time: as soon as the same day
- Seven-day satisfaction commitment guarantee
- Cosigners welcome