QuickQuote life insurance review 2021
This online broker takes the legwork out of shopping for term and no-exam life insurance policies.
finder.com's rating: 3 / 5
- Get a quote if… You’re in the market for a simple term or no-medical exam policy.
- Pick something else if… You’re hoping for face-to-face service, or need a permanent policy.
18 to 80
$25,000 to $25,000,000
Depends on policy and provider
Medical Exam Required
|Term lengths||10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, or 40 years|
|Medical exam required||Depends on policy and provider|
|Available states||Not available in South Dakota|
|Issue age||Not listed|
- Compares top-rated life insurance companies for you
- Easily customize your policy options
- Offers life insurance quotes without personal info
- Excellent customer service
- You’ll only see comparisons for 15 insurers
- Can’t get an online quote for permanent life insurance
No info available
Amy Stoltenberg is a staff writer covering all things travel, shopping and lifestyle. After earning a BA at Savannah College of Art and Design, she worked as technical designer in corporate fashion before opting for a career with unlimited travel time. When her laptop's closed, you can find her wandering around Los Angeles looking for hole-in-the-wall eateries and plotting her way to all 50 states (she's currently at 28).
QuickQuote partners with 20 big-name insurance companies to help users compare policies and premiums online. Its services are fast and convenient, and don’t require you to hand over personal information — like your email address — to get a quote.
But if you want to work one-on-one with an agent or purchase a permanent policy, compare life insurance companies on your own. This will also help you to ensure you’re getting the best possible coverage for the lowest possible rate.
QuickQuote life insurance rates
QuickQuote matches clients with policies from 20 A-rated companies, so the cost of each plan varies between insurers. Your monthly premiums also depend on the amount and length of coverage, your health and lifestyle, gender and other personal factors. According to the broker, a 34-year-old nonsmoking woman living in New York with average health could expect to pay between $23.38 and $44.19 per month for $500,000 of coverage in a 10-year plan. The same policy for a man with a similar lifestyle would cost between $27.21 and $59.07 per month.
To get a broader range of rates, we pulled quotes from QuickQuote’s life insurance calculator. These are the estimated monthly premiums for a $500,000, 20-year term life policy for a man and woman in great health.
How to get a quote from QuickQuote life insurance
You can quickly compare carriers online. Follow these steps:
- Go to the QuickQuote website and hit Get my free quotes.
- Choose whether you want to see quotes for term life insurance, no-exam term life insurance or accidental death life insurance. Click Get quotes.
- QuickQuote will ask you for the following information: state of residency, birth date and gender, as well as info about your health and smoking status.
- Indicate the amount of coverage you want and how long you want your policy to last.
- Continue to fill out the form, then click View Quotes to see your options.
What types of life insurance coverage does QuickQuote offer?
QuickQuote is an online broker that compares policy features and quotes from top-rated carriers. You can purchase these policies through the service:
- Term life insurance. Get between $25,000 to $25 million in coverage. You may have to take a medical exam to qualify — though it’s free and can be done in your home. The underwriting process takes between four to six weeks.
- No-exam term life insurance. Coverage amounts are available between $25,000 and $1 million. You won’t have to take a medical exam, but you might need to answer some questions over the phone. Underwriting is accelerated, so depending on the provider your new policy could kick in after just a couple of days.
- Accidental death insurance. This policy pays out a lump sum if you die in an accident. Approval is guaranteed, with no health questions or medical exams required for coverage between $50,000 and $500,000.
What riders can I add to my QuickQuote life insurance policy?
The options vary between insurers, so check with your QuickQuote representative to see which ones apply to the carrier you’re considering. The most common riders include:
- Accelerated death benefit rider. Pays out a portion of the death benefit if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Accidental death benefit rider. Pays an additional benefit if you die in an accident
- Child rider. Allows you to insure a child or multiple children under your policy.
- Guaranteed insurability rider. Lets you top up your coverage or renew your policy without taking a medical exam.
- Waiver-of-premium rider. Pauses your premiums if you become disabled and can’t work for a specified period of time.
Which insurers does QuickQuote work with?
The broker partners with these insurers — all of which have a rating of A or higher with AM Best:
- American General Life Insurance Company
- Banner Life Insurance Company
- Fidelity Life Association
- Haven Life/MassMutual
- Genworth Life Insurance Company
- John Hancock Life Insurance Company
- Lincoln National Life Insurance Company
- MetLife Insurance Company
- Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company
- Principal Life Insurance Company
- Protective Life Insurance Company
- Prudential (Pruco) Life Insurance Company
- ReliaStar (VOYA) Life Insurance Company
- Sagicor Life Insurance Company
- Savings Bank (SBLI) Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Life Insurance Company
QuickQuote life insurance reviews and complaints
QuickQuote has been accredited with Better Business Bureau since 2003 and has an A+ rating with the agency. It has 1 out of 5 stars, but this is based on the view of one customer. The BBB hasn’t recorded any complaints to date.
On TrustPilot, the company has 3.8 out of 5 stars, though this is based on a handful of reviews. Those reviews are overwhelmingly positive, with users commenting on the easy-to-use service and the list of big-name insurers QuickQuote works with.
|AM Best financial rating||
3.8/5 out of 2 customer reviews
|Customer reviews verified as of||22 January 2021|
Find term and no-exam life insurance from companies like QuickQuote
Life insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our experts analyze life insurance companies to help you to find the strongest possible policy and premium for your family’s needs. We assess their financial strength, customer satisfaction, policy features and riders. We then give each insurer a score between one and five stars that reflects their offering and reputation in the industry.