Most popular lender
Min. credit score
Min. down payment
Additionally, mortgages from LoanDepot come with a lifetime guarantee, so if you ever decide to refinance a loanDepot loan, you won't pay any lender fees or appraisal fees.
- Impartial officers. LoanDepot's no-steering policy guarantees that loan officers won't push you in a particular direction.
- Prepayment OK. LoanDepot won't penalize you if you pay off your mortgage ahead of schedule.
- Save on appraisal. In some cases, LoanDepot's loan officers may be able to rapidly assess the best type of loan for you without requiring an appraisal. This could save you hundreds of dollars.
- High origination fee. LoanDepot charges up to 5% for origination, while many other lenders charge 3%.
- Rates aren't available online. You'll need to contact a loan officer to determine your actual mortgage rate.
|Loan types||Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA, Home Equity, Refinance|
|Minimum credit score||Conventional: 620
|Minimum down payment (Conventional)||3.5%|
|States available||Available in all states|