Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Reverse Mortgages Finder
An unconventional way for seniors to access funds through the equity in their home — but there are risks.
Compare mortgage lenders
Compare up to 4 providers
More guides on Finder
- Third Federal Savings & Loan home equity review
Get a low rate guarantee, but you won’t know if you’re eligible until you apply.
- PenFed Credit Union home equity review
Get a line of credit with low closing costs — but you can’t apply online.
- Bank of the West home equity review
Offers reduced-rate, no-closing-cost HELOCs, but only in specific states.
- AppleTree Credit Union home equity review
Get low rates with minimal fees — if you qualify for its limited membership.
- Union Bank home equity review
Offers no annual fee, discounted HELOCs — but locations are limited.
- Mortgage refinancing options when unemployed
Refinancing your mortgage while unemployed is challenging, but it may be possible if you have an alternative means to repay the loan.
- Santander HELOC review
Enjoy no minimum draw and no closing costs from this regional bank.
- KeyBank home equity review
Offers reduced-rate home equity products, but it’s only available in select states.
- Flagstar Bank home equity review
Get a loan or line of credit with no closing costs from this regional bank.
- Connexus Credit Union home equity review
Get flexible terms and a closing costs discount if you live within its service area.