Compare the mortgages offered by Freedom Mortgage
Freedom Mortgage Corporation has been helping Americans realize their home ownership dreams for 25 years. Established in 1990, this full-service lender has helped borrowers across the US buy new homes and refinance their existing loans. Based in Mount Laurel, NJ, Freedom Mortgage provides a streamlined borrowing process backed by professional customer service.
In 2014, Freedom Mortgage was named as a ‘Top 10 Residential Lender’ by Inside Mortgage Finance.
Who is Freedom Mortgage and what do they do?
Freedom Mortgage boasts an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and makes it possible for customers to apply online for a loan within minutes. Specializing in residential home loans, Freedom Mortgage offers mortgages for first-time buyers, those upgrading to their next home, and customers who are looking to refinance an existing mortgage.
Freedom Mortgage has teams of licensed loan officers to help make the mortgage application process run smoothly and to ensure that you choose the right loan for your needs. It offers a choice of fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgages as well as a range of online calculators and resources to help you understand your borrowing requirements.
Home loans offered by Freedom Mortgage
If you have a good credit rating and the cash to make a down payment, this loan is designed with you in mind. A Freedom Mortgage Conventional Loan usually requires a higher down payment than other Freedom Mortgage loan options, but this means the loan is available with a lower interest rate. Available in fixed rate or adjustable rate form, the Conventional Loan offers a streamlined application process when compared with government-backed loans. This loan is suitable if you want to refinance an existing loan and gain access to cash out.
The FHA Loan is designed for borrowers who might not have a perfect credit rating or who can only afford a low down payment on their loan. Insured by the US Government’s Federal Housing Administration (FHA), this mortgage helps people own homes by allowing lower down payments (as low as 3.5%), providing lower closing costs and making it easier to qualify for credit. Available with a fixed or adjustable rate, the FHA loan is also suitable for borrowers looking to refinance, whether they want to lock in a lower interest rate or gain access to cash.
This type of mortgage is guaranteed by the US Department of Veterans Affairs. It does not require you to make any down payment as long as the sale price of the property doesn’t exceed its appraised value. It’s available with a fixed or adjustable interest rate. It also offers other benefits for active members of the military, veterans and their surviving spouses, including no penalties for loan pre-payment. If you’re looking to refinance to either find a lower interest rate or gain access to cash, this loan is available for both purposes.
Pros and cons of Freedom Mortgage home loans
- Loans for all types of borrowers. From conventional mortgages to loans designed for those in the military or those who don’t have a perfect credit rating, Freedom Mortgage aims to make it easy for a wide range of people to become homeowners.
- Refinancing options. If you want a lower interest rate or you need cash to manage day-to-day expenses, Freedom Mortgage offers loan refinancing options to suit your needs.
- Fast application process. You can quickly and easily apply for a Freedom Mortgage Conventional Loan online.
- Branch access. Freedom Mortgage has retail locations in more than 15 states. If you prefer to manage your home loan face to face, you’ll need to check whether there is a location close to you before you take out a loan.
How to apply for Freedom Mortgage home loans
If you’ve compared your options and you’d like to apply for a home loan from Freedom Mortgage, click the link on this page to be securely redirected to the lender’s website.
Whether you’re purchasing a property or refinancing a loan, you can begin the application process online by clicking ‘Apply Now’ and providing:
- Your name
- The state where you want to buy property
- Your email and your phone number
You’ll also need to keep in mind that special eligibility requirements apply to different types of loans, including a minimum down payment limit and ties to the military if you apply for a VA Loan.
Documents needed to apply for a Freedom Mortgage Home Loan
You’ll need to provide personal and financial information along with your loan application including:
- Your name, date of birth, and Social Security Number
- The addresses of where you have lived for the past two years
- Employer names and contact information for the past two years
- Your most recent pay stubs
- W-2 forms for the past two years (or 1099s)
- Your federal tax returns for the last two years
- Evidence of any other income, such as rental income or alimony
- Self-employed borrowers will need to provide two years of personal and business tax returns as well as a year-to-date profit and loss statement with balance sheet
- Details of your assets and debts
- Any other relevant information about your credit history
Freedom Mortgage offers borrowing and refinancing options to suit a wide range of customers, so compare its home loans with those from other mortgage providers today.
Frequently asked questions
What is a jumbo loan?
A jumbo loan is a mortgage that is larger than the limits published by the Federal Housing Finance Authority (FHFA). You will have to pay an interest rate of over 20% and will most likely pay a higher interest rate than on a typical loan. . .
To learn more about loan options, call Freedom Mortgage.
What is an escrow account?
It is an account,established to pay your real estate taxes, hazard insurance, and mortgage insurance. Part of your total monthly mortgage payment will be used to fund the escrow account.
How should I prepare for closing?
You can start by making sure you have all the required documents which include:
- Government-issued photo ID for borrower and co-borrower
- Cash necessary for closing costs (typically a cashier’s check; not a personal check)
- Binder for homeowners’ insurance, paid receipt, and any other documents you will need to keep.
There will probably be other items as well. You should also avoid opening a new credit card account, buying a car, or making any other large purchase prior to closing, as to not have any drastic changes in your financial profile.
What is an FHA streamline refinance?
Borrowers who already have an FHA loan and would like to lower their monthly payments should consider applying for an FHA streamline refinance.