Ent Credit Union mortgage review
Get a 90-day rate lock but only for members in Colorado.
Ent is a regional credit union offering most of the typical mortgage products you’d expect to see from a smaller lender. But its service area is very limited.
|Loan products offered||Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA, HELOC, Refinance|
|Minimum credit score||No information available, but most lenders require at least a 620 FICO score for conventional loans.|
|Minimum down payment (Conventional)||3.5%|
|State availability||Only available in: CO|
Ent Credit Union requirements
You have to be a member to apply for a mortgage with Ent, which requires that you either work as a civilian or military for the Colorado Air National Guard, Colorado Army National Guard or Buckley Air Force Base in Aurora, Colorado, or you’re a resident of one of the following Colorado counties:
- El Paso
Each loan’s requirements can vary, but Ent will use your credit history, debt-to-income ratio and the loan-to-value ratio on the home you want to purchase to determine whether you qualify for a loan and what interest rate it can offer.
Ent doesn’t specify the documentation you’ll need to provide, but typically, you’ll need the following information before you apply.
- Pay stubs showing your income information
- Two years of tax returns and W-2s
- Account statements from your bank accounts and any other asset accounts in your name
- Proof of your monthly liabilities
- Estimates of your property taxes and any homeowner association fees
Costs and fees
Ent doesn’t charge application fees for preapproval or origination fees on its purchase or refinance loans, but you’ll typically be responsible for the following closing costs and fees.
- Appraisal fee
- Tax and title fees
- Credit report fees
- Flood certification fee
- Recording fee
- Loan processing fees
How to apply for a mortgage with Ent Credit Union
Ent allows you to start the application process online with a preapproval application.
- Navigate to the Mortgage page of the Ent Credit Union website and select Get Pre-Approved.
- Affirm whether you are a member and create an account, then validate that account.
- Select where you are in the process and choose Continue.
- Enter your personal information and hit Continue.
- Answer questions about your assets and income, selecting Continue to move through the pages.
- Choose whether to accept the bank’s declarations and answer demographic questions.
- Review your answers and submit your application.
What types of mortgages can I get through Ent Credit Union?
Other mortgage products offered by Ent Credit Union
Ent doesn’t advertise any specialty mortgage loans, but it offers the following:
- Home equity line of credit (HELOC). You have a fixed-rate option that gives you a 5-year draw period and 15-year repayment period, or an adjustable-rate HELOC with a 10-year draw and 15-year repayment.
- Mortgage refinance. Ent offers both a cash-out refinance and the opportunity to refinance to change the terms or interest rate of your mortgage.
How Ent Credit Union’s mortgage products compare to other lenders
Ent offers a pretty basic set of mortgage products with conforming and government-backed loans, as well as two HELOC options and refinancing options. The credit union does offer a 0.25% rate discount on certain loans if you sign up for automatic payments and paperless statements.
In addition, Ent promises to close on time or it will credit you $500. And you can lock in the lowest interest rate possible for as much as 90 days for free to help you save money.
Compare mortgage lenders
Compare top brands by home loan type, state availability and credit score. Select See rates to provide the lender with basic property and financial details for personalized rates.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Ent Credit Union reviews and complaints
Ent Credit Union has a 3 out of 5 rating on Yelp from 39 reviewers and a 4.2 out of 5 rating on Facebook from 384 votes as of September 2021. While most of the reviews are related to the Credit Union’s banking services, some have reported poor service from the mortgage department.
Ent Credit Union has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1982 and has an A+ business rating. Thirteen customers have given the company a 1.31 out 5 rating, and there have been 15 customer complaints closed in the last three years.
Overall, positive customer reviews focus on the benefits of using a credit union, including low or no fees. Negative reviews mention confusion with banking accounts and car loan servicing — especially when trying to deal with the company out of state.
Ent Credit Union pros and cons
- On-time closing guarantee. If Ent misses the closing date set in your sales contract, they’ll give you a $500 credit on your closing costs.
- Lock in the best interest rate. Ent’s Lock & Shop program allows you to float the interest rate you get when you submit your preapproval application up to 10 days before closing. That allows you to lock in a lower rate should interest rates go down while you’re shopping for a home. And that lock lasts for 60 days of shopping and stays locked in for 30 days until closing.
- Limited to Colorado. This lender’s branch locations are limited to Colorado.
- Membership required. As with all credit unions, you have to be a member to apply for a mortgage, and membership not only requires that you open a $5 savings account but also that you live, work or go to school within select counties of Colorado.
What is Ent Credit Union?
Ent Credit Union has been providing financial services to its members since 1957, when it was formed as a credit union for Ent Air Force Base in Colorado. The lender now has over 400,000 members and 40 branch locations.
Heather Petty is a personal finance writer at Finder specializing in home loans, banking and insurance. After falling victim to a disreputable mortgage broker when buying her first home, she’s on a mission to help readers avoid similar experiences when managing their own finances. A self-proclaimed word nerd, her writing has been featured on MSN, Credit.com and MediaFeed.org, among others. Heather previously worked as a technical writer and editor for the casino systems industry and is an internationally published young adult mystery author. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in journalism from the University of Nevada, Reno.
If you live within Ent Credit Union’s limited service area, this lender can offer you a quick closing and the ability to lock in the best interest rate available to you while you shop for a home. But its mortgage products are pretty basic, so if you’re looking for a more specialized loan program, you may need to shop around for another lender.