Cherry Creek Mortgage Company review
A retail lender with a wide selection of loan products, but a clunky website that lacks specifics.
Cherry Creek Mortgage is a lending company that has designed its loan offerings to appeal to borrowers in a variety of circumstances. But the limited states where it’s licensed and the lack of home equity products may send you looking elsewhere.
|Loan products offered||Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA, Refinance|
|Minimum credit score||580 on FHA loans, 620 on conventional loans|
|Minimum down payment||3%|
|State availability||AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, MN, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY|
Cherry Creek Mortgage Company requirements
Cherry Creek doesn’t specify its loan or credit requirements, but many lenders base your interest rate on your down payment, your credit score, the loan-to-value ratio of the property, the property type and other factors relating to your personal financial situation.
Have the following information readily available before you apply.
- Name and contact information
- Social Security number
- Government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license
- List of assets, such as bank statements and investment records
- List of debts, such as credit card bills and student loans
- Last two years of W-2 statements
- Most recent two paycheck stubs
Costs and fees
Cherry Creek Mortgage doesn’t specify its fees or loan costs, but you can expect to spend between 2% and 5% of your home’s purchase price on closing costs, which include government fees, origination and underwriting fees, title and appraisal costs, taxes and insurance.
How to apply for a mortgage with Cherry Creek Mortgage Company
You can start the loan application or preapproval process by following these steps.
- Visit Cherry Creek Mortgage’s website.
- Choose Get Started and create an account.
- Enter your personal and contact information, employment, income and information about your assets.
- Answer disclosures and agreements and review your information.
- Submit your application.
What types of mortgages can I get through Cherry Creek Mortgage Company?
Other mortgage products offered by Cherry Creek Mortgage Company
This lender offers the following additional mortgage loan products:
- HUD-Section 184 loans. These loans are designed to help Native Americans purchase homes on or off Indigenous lands.
- Doctor loans. Cherry Creek Mortgage customizes mortgage terms and requirements for medical professionals who may have large student loan debts and fluctuating income levels as they move through residency and into their own practice.
- Construction loans. When you’re building a home, this lender offers longer rate-lock terms and multiple loan type options.
- FHA HECM reverse mortgage. A Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM), the only reverse mortgage backed by the federal government, allows borrowers age 62 and older to access the equity in their home without having to make payments on the loan until the owner dies or the home is sold.
- Mortgage refinancing. This lender offers cash-out refinancing, which allows you to access the equity of your home in a lump sum by replacing your original mortgage with a refinanced mortgage. They also offer rate-and-term refinancing, allowing you to change the terms of your mortgage to something more favorable, whether through a better interest rate, better payment or different loan term.
- Home renovation loan. If you’re financing a fixer-upper, this loan allows you to renovate the home and fold the loan for your renovations into your mortgage. The loan amount is based on the appraised value of the home after your planned renovations.
How Cherry Creek Mortgage Company’s mortgage products compare to other lenders
Cherry Creek offers a wide variety of mortgage loan options, but none of the traditional home equity loans or lines of credit that you would expect to see from a bank.
In addition, this lender offers payment assistance grants to provide help to first-time home buyers, and a Union Advantage program that offers special benefits to union members looking to buy a home, including a $500 gift card once your loan closes.
Compare mortgage lenders and brokersCompare top brands by home loan type, state availability and credit score. Select See rates to provide the lender with basic property and financial details for personalized rates.
Cherry Creek Mortgage Company reviews and complaints
Cherry Creek Mortgage has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2014 and has an A+ rating with only six customer complaints in the last three years.
As of November 2020, very few customer reviews are available online. The company has no Trustpilot entries and has only two customer reviews on the BBB. Facebook’s reviews and recommendations has 55 reviews for Cherry Creek Mortgage with a 3.8-star rating.
Pros and cons of Cherry Creek Mortgage Company
- App for your agent and builder. The Connections app allows your real estate agent and builder to get real-time updates on the status of your loan and funding for building projects, which can help streamline communications and save time.
- Digital mortgage program. To streamline the underwriting process, this lender uses Fastrac, a proprietary service that collects and digitizes the information in your documentation.
- Wide variety of mortgage loan products. This lender offers much more than the standard menu of mortgage products and offers to work with state and local assistance programs to help borrowers who don’t have the money for a down payment or closing costs.
- Low-information website. The company’s website is a little disorganized and clunky, with little to no specific information on its products, making it hard to find the information you need to decide if this lender is right for you.
- Limited home equity products. This lender offers none of the traditional home equity loans or lines of credit that are typically standard at banks. To access your home equity, you’ll either need to do a cash-out refinance, a reverse mortgage or find another lender.
- Limited state availability. If you live in one of the 17 states outside this lender’s footprint, you need to look elsewhere to finance your loan.
What is Cherry Creek Mortgage Company?
Cherry Creek Mortgage is a retail lending company headquartered in Colorado that was founded in 1987. The company has brick-and-mortar offices in 18 states and is licensed to offer mortgage services in 33 states.
Heather Petty is a writer at Finder specializing in banking, investments and insurance. She's a self-proclaimed word nerd who worked as a technical writer and editor for the casino systems industry and is an internationally published young adult mystery author. Heather earned a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Nevada, Reno.
Cherry Creek Mortgage’s goal to be the lender for “1 out of every 100 homebuyers in America” shows in the sheer variety of mortgage products it offers. Additionally, the company works with state programs to assist with down payment and closing cost expenses, and has special programs to help medical professionals and union workers. But Cherry Creek Mortgage is only licensed in 33 states, and the lack of detailed information on its website means you’ll have to call a loan officer to answer some basic questions.