LoanStart.com personal loans review
Looking for a loan? This connection service may be able to help.
LoanStart.com works with three lenders that offer peer-to-peer loans, installment loans and personal loans. And while it’s convenient, you may face a high APR and a short loan term if you don’t have good credit.
Max. Loan Amount
4.84% to 35.99%
Varies by lender
Min. Credit Score
What makes LoanStart.com unique?
LoanStart.com works with a variety of lenders to help borrowers find the personal loan option that best suits their needs. From installment loans to large personal loans, you may be connected with a lender that can work with you.
How does a personal loan through LoanStart.com work?
LoanStart.com is a loan connection service, which means it submits the information you enter on its online form to its partner lenders. If you meet the lender’s requirements, you may be connected and able to fill out a full application. The amount you receive depends on the type of loan you request, your credit score and other factors. LoanStart.com’s partner lenders offer loans between $1,000 to $40,000, with repayment terms typically ranging from 61 days to 7 years.
It won’t cost you anything to use LoanStart.com’s service, but you may be charged fees by the lender you’re connected with. Keep in mind that the full cost of your loan will be based on the APR you receive and the loan term you’re given, with higher rates and longer terms often resulting in a more expensive loan.
What are the benefits of using LoanStart.com?
- Different types of lenders. LoanStart.com works with lenders that offer three types of loans, including peer-to-peer loans, installment loans and personal loans.
- Quick form, fast deposit and no obligation. The online form only takes a few minutes to complete, and if you’re connected with a lender, you may receive your loan funds as soon as the next business day. If you don’t like the terms you’re offered, there’s no obligation to accept.
- Perfect credit not required. Even if you don’t have the best credit, you can still fill out LoanStart.com’s online form and see if there’s a lender that can work with you. Just keep in mind that you’re not guaranteed approval.
- Low rates available. The lenders in LoanStart.com’s network offer rates as low as 4.84%. However, those without good credit may receive a rate as high as 35.99%.
What to watch out for
- Information may be shared. Because LoanStart.com is a connection service, it may share some of your personal information with its lending partners — but not always to get you a loan. You may also receive marketing and promotional materials until you unsubscribe from LoanStart.com’s email list.
- Possible short term with high APR. Although LoanStart.com doesn’t partner with payday lenders, you may still receive a short term of just 61 days and a high APR of 35.99% – which could result in high monthly payments, even if it’s within your state’s legal limits.
- No company information. LoanStart.com has a phone number and a contact form if you have questions, but its about page doesn’t give any information on the company itself. This means you won’t know much about the people behind the website when you fill out its online form.
Compare LoanStart.com to other personal loan connection services
What does the Internet say about LoanStart.com?
LoanStart.com doesn’t have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) page, but it does have a Trustpilot page. Unfortunately, most people don’t have positive things to say about the company. Nearly 50% of reviewers rated it with one star, and it only earns a 3.7 out of 10. Many negative reviews stated that LoanStart.com connected them with companies that rejected their applications or had little to no customer service. Positive reviews were much more general and all were dated from 2017 or earlier.
Am I eligible?
To fill out LoanStart.com’s form, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Verifiable income
- Valid bank account
- US citizen, a permanent resident or in the US on a valid long-term visa
- At least 18 years old
Personal loans are not available to residents of Iowa or West Virginia.
What will I need to complete the online form?
You’ll need to gather the following information before applying:
- Your name, contact information and date of birth
- How much you want to borrow and the purpose of the loan
- Your employment and income information
- Your bank account information
Some lenders may also require you to show proof of previous financial responsibilities and may check your credit.
I was connected with a lender. Now what?
Review your lender’s terms carefully. Because loans can have short terms and high interest rates, you’ll want to make sure you can afford your loan before committing. If you do decide to borrow, see if your lender offers automatic repayments — this is an easy way to avoid late fees, provided you know you’ll have the money you need in your account on the due date.
If you have any questions or run into any issues, contact your lender directly.
The providers in LoanStart.com’s network are able to lend to borrowers who may not have the best credit, but you may receive a high APR or short loan term that can make it difficult to repay what you borrow. Before you make a decision, compare other connection services and read up on personal loans to make sure you’re getting a good deal.