HODL That Thought Podcast #10: How exchanges are future-proofing
It’s Marc’s final ride as he heads off into the sunset and toward total obscurity. To send him off in style, we chat about our Bitcoin apocalypse plans, the ongoing saga of Craig Wright and how out-of-work actors can score a gig playing downtrodden financiers at crypto conferences.
We also speak to Cryptopia CEO Alan Booth about how exchanges are future-proofing and becoming more efficient.
All this, plus what Liz plans to do with her sack full of severed hands!
Listen or download the episode below
To download, press the button.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Moving the needle
- 2:20 – Marc’s sad farewell
- 4:37 – Nvidia’s crypto spoils
- 7:19 – Crypto dominated by dudes
- 10:09 – Craig Wright back in the wrong
- 15:05 – Crypto-zoo-ology
- 17:28 – Burgeoning bunker business baits Bitcoin billionaires
- 22:48 – The lame-borghini ruse
Tales from the Crypto – Interview with Alan Booth from Cryptopia
- 29:45 – Alan Booth on the future of crypto exchanges
- 31:08 – How Cryptopia saw its lightning-fast growth
- 32:11 – The way Cryptopia vets its alt-coins
- 33:52 – Taking on the big players by focusing on the task at hand
- 36:25 – What’s next for Cryptopia
- 37:34 – What the future of Cryptopia looks like for the user
- 40:45 – Centralised versus decentralised exchanges
Are you broke yet?
- 44:14 – Liz
- 44:41 – Adam keeps doing his aggrieved banker voice
- 46:39 – Marc
HODL that thought provides information, entertainment and some incidental education and insight about cryptocurrencies, exchanges and the market for virtual currencies. We are not registered as securities broker-dealers or investment advisers. Nothing we present is, or is intended to be, securities brokerage, investment, tax, accounting or legal advice, as an offer or solicitation to sell or buy, or as an endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of cryptocurrency or any specific provider, service or offering. Nor are we encouraging you to trade. Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and fully understand any and all risks before acting on any information we present. Finder, and the presenters, accept no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from your use of this information. Finder, and the presenters, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.