This invitation-only lender offers personal loans with interest rates 35.9% (capped at) to residents of California.
|Product Name||Chorus Credit Personal Loans|
|Min Loan Amount||$2,500|
|Max. Loan Amount||$10,000|
|APR||35.9% (capped at)|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Minimum Loan Term||2 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||5 years|
- Resident of California
- Regular source of income
- Age 18 or older
What is Chorus Credit?
Chorus Credit is a personal loan lender owned by Braviant Holdings that launched in 2017. Currently, loans are only available by invitation only to residents of California, but there are plans to expand to other states in the future.
With an invitation, you can apply for an unsecured personal loan between $2,500 and $10,000 for terms of 24 to 60 months. Interest rates are 35.9% (capped at), but may be lower for borrowers with with good credit.
What are the benefits of a personal loan from Chorus Credit?
- Payments reported to credit bureaus. Chorus Credit reports payment history to Experian and TransUnion — two of the main credit bureaus. By making timely payments, you can improve your credit score while paying off your loan.
- No prepayment penalty. If you’re able to make an early payment on your loan or pay your balance off entirely, Chorus Credit won’t charge you a fee.
- No restricted uses. Use your loan for any legitimate purpose, from financing a home improvement to consolidating your debt.
What should I watch out for?
- Only available in California. As of September 2018, Chorus Credit only offers personal loans to residents of California.
- Invitation needed to apply. Even if you live in California, Chorus Credit is invitation-only and requires fair to good credit in order to qualify.
- Loan terms set by Chorus Credit. Unlike some other personal loan services that allow you to pick the length of your loan after approval, Chorus Credit sets the loan term during your application.
Compare personal loans from top providers
What do borrowers say about Chorus Credit?
Because Chorus Credit was launched in late 2017, it can be difficult to find reviews online. If you decide to take out a loan through Chorus Credit, leaving a review of your experience is a good way to let others know how well the company treats its borrowers.
Am I eligible?
Chorus Credit is a new service and accepts loan applications from individuals by invitation only. However, here are the basic criteria you’ll need to meet before being extended an invitation.
- You should be a resident of California
- You should have a regular source of income
- You should be at least 18 years old
How do I apply?
If you received an invitation to apply, go to Chorus Credit’s website and enter your full name, zip code and the last four digits of your Social Security number. From there, you’ll be redirected to the full application. If your application is approved, you’ll be contacted by Chorus Credit to finalize your loan.
What happens after I get the loan?
Once you have your loan funds, start making monthly payments. You can pay by ACH transfer, check or money order, and there is never a prepayment penalty. This means you can make early payments and multiple payments in a month, lowering the total amount you pay in interest in the long run.
Be sure you make your full payments on time. Chorus Credit reports this information to two of the three credit bureaus: Experian and TransUnion.
Chorus Credit is a new lender for people looking for personal loans. However, if you live outside California or have not been invited to apply, compare other personal loan lenders to find a provider that works for you.