Choice Mutual life insurance broker review 2020
Compare final expense policies from over 20 carriers with the click of a button.
Get a quote if…
- You’re in the market for a final expense policy.
Choose a different provider if…
- You’re looking for a term, variable or universal life insurance policy.
How does Choice Mutual work?
Choice Mutual is an independent broker that specializes in final expense insurance, also known as funeral or burial insurance. It’s licensed in all 50 states, and sells policies through a network of professional agents across the country.
The broker works with over 20 carriers, and offers traditionally underwritten and guaranteed issue policies.
How do I know I’m getting the best rate?
The major benefit of shopping with Choice Mutual is comparing multiple insurers side-by-side. The broker doesn’t claim to offer cheaper rates if you go through them — its purpose is to give you the details you need to make an informed decision.
Customer reviews and complaints
Choice Mutual has an excellent reputation. The broker is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and holds an A+ rating for its customer engagement as of January 2020. The BBB is yet to record any complaints about the business, either.
On Trustpilot, Choice Mutual has 5 out of 5 stars and over 240 reviews. Many customers comment on how professional, efficient and empathetic its agents are.
Which companies does Choice Mutual work with?
Choice Mutual sources quotes from a range of carriers across the US, including Mutual of Omaha, Transamerica, Gerber Life Insurance, AIG and the Royal Neighbors of America.
There are a few agencies that assess insurers’ financial strength and customer satisfaction. Financial strength is important to consider because it indicates how likely it is a company will be able to pay out claims.
|Company||AM Best||Better Business Bureau||J.D. Power|
|Mutual of Omaha||A+||A+||4 out of 5|
|Transamerica||A+||A+||2 out of 5|
|Gerber Life Insurance||A||A+||N/A|
|AIG||A||A+||2 out of 5|
|Royal Neighbors of America||A||A+||N/A|
Pros and cons of using Choice Mutual
- Partners with top-rated carriers. All of the insurers Choice Mutual works with are highly rated with AM Best.
- Compare multiple companies at once. Choice Mutual uses sophisticated algorithms to pull the best policies and rates for you.
- Personalized service. If you want to apply for a policy, you’ll be paired with a licensed agent.
- Great reputation. The broker earns top marks with the BBB and Trustpilot, which indicates high customer satisfaction.
- No anonymous quotes. You need to hand over your phone number and email address to get a quote.
- No online applications. While you can get a quote online, you must connect with an agent to complete your application.
Compare other life insurance companies
If you’re looking for more options to compare, take a look at these other providers.
How do I sign up?
To learn about your final expense insurance options, follow these steps:
- Go to the Choice Mutual website.
- On the homepage, click Get instant quotes.
- Enter your name, state, date of birth, contact details and the amount of coverage you need. Click Next.
- The system will compare quotes from multiple providers, and recommend the best policy for you.
- If you see a policy you’d like to move forward with, press Apply.
- Type in your contact details and click Submit application.
- A licensed agent will reach out to discuss the next steps.
Frequently asked questions about Choice Mutual
Katia Iervasi is a staff writer who hails from Australia and now calls New York home. Her writing and analysis has been featured on sites like Forbes, Best Company and Financial Advisor around the world. Armed with a BA in Communication and a journalistic eye for detail, she navigates insurance and finance topics for Finder, so you can splash your cash smartly (and be a pro when the subject pops up at dinner parties).
If you’re looking for a final expense policy to cover your funeral and end-of-life costs, Choice Mutual can make the buying process easier. The broker specializes in burial coverage, and has a team of agents across the country that can help you to find the policy that suits your needs and budget. But you can’t apply online.
To explore other options, compare life insurance companies and find a policy that best fits your coverage needs.