Sable Bank account review
- $0 per month
- Minimum deposit to open
But you can only earn a yearly maximum of $300 in cash back. That’s only $25 per month. In contrast, Axos Bank CashBack Checking account lets you earn up to $2,000 monthly in cash back.
Also, you can’t deposit checks or withdraw cash from ATMs without the risk of potentially paying fees set by the ATM owner. If those drawbacks aren’t dealbreakers for you, apply for an account today. Otherwise, explore other rewards checking accounts for more features and fewer limitations.
Discounted international transfers
Optional credit card
No mobile deposits
Can’t write checks
Can’t withdraw cash for free
How do I open a Sable Bank account?
It only takes a few minutes to apply for a Sable Debit Card.
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- Select Products, then Bank account & debit card.
- Select or tap the Get started button, then select Get started again on the following screen.
- Enter your name and email address, create a password, confirm that you’re not a robot and select Next.
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email, then choose or tap the link to verify your address.
- Continue the application process by providing your personal information and linking a funding source.
You don’t need to be a US citizen to open a Sable Bank account, but you must meet certain eligibility criteria to qualify.
- At least 18 years of age
- US residential mailing address
Provide the following documents and details when opening a Sable Bank account.
- Full name
- Email address
- Physical address
- Social Security number if you’re a US citizen
- Passport and US visa or I-94 record of your entry into the US if you’re not a US citizen
6 benefits of Sable Bank‘s checking account
The Sable Bank account and debit card have some attractive features that might entice you to apply.
- Few fees. Sable Bank doesn’t charge monthly, overdraft or foreign transaction fees. There’s also no minimum opening deposit requirement.
- Cashback rewards. Earn 1% cashback — up to $300 per year — on purchases from Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, Spotify, Uber and Whole Foods.
- Purchase protection. Sable Bank offers extended warranties, a satisfaction guarantee and zero liability on fraudulent purchases.
- Travel concierge. Sable Bank offers Mastercard Travel Concierge services, which can provide replacement cards, cash advances and travel assistance if you run into trouble while traveling.
- Discounted international transfers. Sable Bank offers reduced-price international money transfers thanks to its partnership with Wise, a financial platform that specializes in multicurrency accounts.
- Optional credit card. Sable Bank also offers an optional secured credit card to use alongside your debit card. You won’t get a credit check and it offers car rental insurance, cell phone protection and up to 2% cash back on qualifying purchases.
3 things to look out for
Although Sable Bank‘s debit card has several benefits, there are also some disadvantages to bear in mind before applying.
- No mobile deposits. Sable Bank‘s app doesn’t offer mobile deposits, so there’s no way to deposit a check into this account.
- Can’t write checks. Sable Bank‘s banking account works like a standard checking account, but it doesn’t let you write checks.
- Can’t withdraw cash for free. Sable Bank doesn’t charge a fee for ATM withdrawals, but it doesn’t have a partnership with any ATM networks. This means you may pay ATM owner fees when withdrawing cash from your account.
Sable Bank‘s ATM network and feesSable Bank doesn’t have its own ATM network or partner with any existing networks, but you can use your ATM card at any machine that accepts Mastercard. Sable Bank doesn’t charge any fees for using ATMs, but ATM owners typically charge fees ranging from $2 to $5 per transaction.
Sable Bank‘s reviews and complaintsSable Bank isn’t accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and it doesn’t have a rating. However, one customer filed a complaint against Sable Bank on the BBB’s website, but it was successfully resolved. On Trustpilot, Sable Bank has six customer reviews with an average rating of 3.7 out of 5.
Of those six reviews, only one is negative, and it’s because Sable Bank rejected the individual’s application. The other five positive reviews praise the company for its customer service and accessibility for immigrants.
Compare Sable Bank with other checking accounts
See how other accounts stack up based on their fees and features.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?Sable Bank doesn’t offer mobile check deposits via its app, but you can move money into and out of your account using the following methods.
- Incoming ACH transfer. Transfer funds from a linked bank using routing and account numbers.
- Incoming wire transfer. Many banks accept incoming domestic wires for free, but Sable Bank charges $3 per transfer. It also charges $15 for incoming international transfers.
- Direct deposit. Your employer can deposit your paycheck directly into your Sable Bank account.
- Partner locations. Deposit cash into your account at participating merchants, including CVS, Kroger, Rite Aid and Walmart. Sable Bank doesn’t charge a fee for this, but the retailers generally do.
- International transfers via Wise. Receive money from international sources instantly and for free, thanks to Sable Bank‘s partnership with Wise, formerly known as TransferWise.
- Other payment networks. Like most bank accounts, your Sable Bank account can receive and accept transfers via PayPal, Venmo and Zelle.
- Outgoing ACH transfer. Transfer funds from a linked bank using routing and account numbers.
- Outgoing wire transfers. Sable Bank charges $5 for outgoing domestic wire transfers, which is less than what many banks charge. However, Sable Bank doesn’t support outgoing international wire transfers.
- ATM withdrawals. Withdraw cash from any ATM that accepts Mastercard.
- International transfers via Wise. Instantly send money internationally for less via Wise.
How to contact Sable Bank customer service
If you have questions or need help with your Sable Bank account, you can contact a support specialist in the following ways.
- Call 833-583-8383 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, excluding federal holidays.
- Chat with a live representative via Sable Bank‘s website during the above hours.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Send mail to 1411 Broadway, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.
Sable Debit Card is not currently available on Finder
Have you considered SoFi Checking and Savings?
Earn up to 4.60% APY on savings by meeting deposit requirements, and 0.50% APY on checking balances. Members without deposit requirements will earn 0.50% APY on both savings and checking balances. Turn on automatic savings or use the Roundups feature to help you reach your savings goals faster. Get up to $2M of additional FDIC insurance through a network of participating banks.
- 0.50% APY on checking balance
- Up to 4.60% APY on savings
- $0 account or overdraft fees
- Get a $300 bonus with direct deposits of $5,000 or more
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked