Volvo XC90 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Volvo XC90 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
The Volvo XC90 is a mid-sized crossover SUV that is powered by a choice of powerful engines. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP, safety features including a Lane Assist System. In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about insuring a Volvo XC90.
What insurance group does the Volvo XC90 fall under?
Volvo XC90 car models fall within car insurance groups 34-45, so you can expect to pay more to insure this car compared to the average vehicle.
Costs will vary slightly between different Volvo XC90 insurance groups, due to the different factors associated with each vehicle. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode may pay around £902 for cover on a Volvo XC90 2.0 D5 Inscription AWD 5d Geartronic (insurance group 34), or around £1,096 for a Volvo XC90 Inscription Recharge T8 Plug-in hybrid AWD auto 5d that is in insurance group 44. Here, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Volvo XC90 model, and how it’s likely to cost to pay for your car insurance.
Volvo XC90 insurance cost by location
The average cost of Volvo XC90 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age are listed above. However, there are other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium, including location.
To show this, there are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations below. The quotes are for a Volvo XC90 Momentum Pro T5 AWD auto 5d.
- Expensive: £1,194 (London SE1)
- Average: £993 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £746 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Volvo XC90 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs. Take a look at the important ones below.
- Engine type and capacity. A larger engine will spike the cost of your insurance. However, in this case, the Volvo XC90 models all have 2.0-litre engines meaning different engine sizes wont be a factor here.
- Driver location. Your location will have an high impact on your premium For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,232 for insurance for a Volvo XC90 Inscription B5 AWD auto 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,041. This difference in costs reflects the perceived likelihood of residents from that city making a claim.
- Driver age. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,077 for the Volvo XC90 Momentum T5 AWD auto 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,088. This is because the youngest drivers are statistically more likely to make a claim.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history
- Your occupation
- Your car’s safety rating
- Your car’s security features
- The age and model of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Your no-claims discount
- Your driving history and activity
How can I save on my Volvo XC90 premiums?
When searching for car insurance, you’ll definitely want to find the best deal every year. Here are some tricks to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage. With a lower annual mileage, you’re deemed as a lower risk of making a claim. So, consider if there any journeys which you can make by foot or public transport.
- Pay annually, rather than monthly. If you pay monthly, you may be charged interest. Avoid this by paying annually.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. So, if you add additional safety precautions, you’re likely to lower your premium.
- Shop around for the best deal. Don’t just accept your renewal quote. You’ll usually find a better deal by searching quotes from price comparison websites.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sorento insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sorento falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Mazda CX 3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mazda CX 3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 106 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 106 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Abarth 595 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 595 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ecosport insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Ecosport falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert