Growth Street: peer-to-peer lending and borrowing
Growth street are helping businesses grow through peer-to-peer lending.
Growth street is an online, peer-to-peer, lending platform aimed at helping businesses grow. Users can either borrow money to help their business grow or lend money to growing businesses – and there are benefits for both parties.
Who are Growth Street?
Growth Street are an online platform aimed at giving small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) the tools to grow. It offer products such as peer-to-peer lending as well as cash flow forecasting to help businesses understand and access the finances they need.
How does it work?
The process for lending and borrowing are slightly different, take a read below to find out how to both.
As a lender, the process is fairly straightforward:
- Apply: Sign up online and complete a few basic checks.
- Transfer funds: Transfer funds into your account and set instructions for investment.
- Get matched: You’ll be matched automatically when a borrower requests a new loan.
The process as a borrower is slightly more complicated than lending, as you need to meet more criteria.
Applying is as simple as completing a quick online application, but before you apply make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the following documents ready to hand:
- Your most recent set of filed company accounts.
- A monthly bank statement from within the last quarter.
- Your company’s management accounts.
- A report of your company’s aged debtors.
After sending off your application with all of the necessary documentation, a member of Growth Street will be in contact within 24 hours.
Benefits to lenders
Investors benefit by lending their money to businesses in return for a competitive interest rate.
- Lend any amount from £10.
- Benefit from interest of up to 5.3%*
- ‘Hassle-free investment’ – Growth Street handle the process from costs to risk management.
- Automatic diversification of your investment to reduce risk.
- Ongoing monitoring of borrowers.
- Credit assessments of all borrowers.
*Assumes that all principal and interest earned is reinvested for a year, and that you are matched to borrowers throughout that time.
As a business you can borrow funds up to £1,000,000 for up to 12 months. The benefits include:
- Borrow from £30,000 to £1,000,000 and only pay for what you use.
- Charges from 0.6% per month (7.2% APR).
- Secured against all assets OR against specific invoices.
- One-on-one support from expert relationship managers.
To apply to borrow from Growth Street there are a few criteria which your business must meet. To register your business must:
- Be registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. Currently companies registered in Scotland are not eligible.
- Have a majority of directors and shareholders that are UK residents.
- Have been trading for at least 15 months OR issue invoiced to large companies.
For a full list of eligible and ineligible businesses, see the Growth Street website here.
Are Growth Street secure?
Yes, Growth Street Exchange Limited is an Appointed Representative of Resolution Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) (no. 574048).
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask an Expert