Growth Street: peer-to-peer lending and borrowing
Growth Street was helping businesses grow through peer-to-peer lending, but as of June 2020 it ceased offering new business funding.
Who are Growth Street?
Growth Street are an online platform aimed at giving small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) the tools to grow. It offer products such as peer-to-peer lending as well as cash flow forecasting to help businesses understand and access the finances they need.
All investing should be regarded as longer term. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. If you’re not sure which investments are right for you, please seek out a financial adviser. Capital at risk.
How does it work?
The process for lending and borrowing are slightly different, take a read below to find out how to both.
As a lender, the process is fairly straightforward:
- Apply: Sign up online and complete a few basic checks.
- Transfer funds: Transfer funds into your account and set instructions for investment.
- Get matched: You’ll be matched automatically when a borrower requests a new loan.
The process as a borrower is slightly more complicated than lending, as you need to meet more criteria.
Applying is as simple as completing a quick online application, but before you apply make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the following documents ready to hand:
- Your most recent set of filed company accounts.
- A monthly bank statement from within the last quarter.
- Your company’s management accounts.
- A report of your company’s aged debtors.
After sending off your application with all of the necessary documentation, a member of Growth Street will be in contact within 24 hours.
Benefits to lenders
Investors benefit by lending their money to businesses in return for a competitive interest rate.
- Lend any amount from £10.
- Benefit from interest of up to 5.3%*
- ‘Hassle-free investment’ – Growth Street handle the process from costs to risk management.
- Automatic diversification of your investment to reduce risk.
- Ongoing monitoring of borrowers.
- Credit assessments of all borrowers.
*Assumes that all principal and interest earned is reinvested for a year, and that you are matched to borrowers throughout that time.
As a business you can borrow funds up to £1,000,000 for up to 12 months. The benefits include:
- Borrow from £30,000 to £1,000,000 and only pay for what you use.
- Charges from 0.6% per month (7.2% APR).
- Secured against all assets OR against specific invoices.
- One-on-one support from expert relationship managers.
To apply to borrow from Growth Street there are a few criteria which your business must meet. To register your business must:
- Be registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. Currently companies registered in Scotland are not eligible.
- Have a majority of directors and shareholders that are UK residents.
- Have been trading for at least 15 months OR issue invoiced to large companies.
For a full list of eligible and ineligible businesses, see the Growth Street website here.
Are Growth Street secure?
Yes, Growth Street Exchange Limited is an Appointed Representative of Resolution Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) (no. 574048).
Frequently Asked Questions
More guides on Finder
Debt statistics UK
How far in the red is the UK? We explore the latest 2020 debt statistics for both the government and individuals in the UK.
Average student loan debt UK
A range of interesting statistics on student loan debt in the UK
Landbay: Peer-to-Peer Lending and Borrowing
Explore the alternative investment options on offer with Landbay. The property backed P2P provider might be the right option for you.
Rebuildingsociety.com: Peer-to-peer lending and borrowing
Rebuildingsociety.com is challenging the finance industry. Could you be part of the borrowing revolution?
Octopus Choice: peer-to-peer lending and borrowing
Whether you’re looking to borrow or invest, find out if Octopus Choice peer-to-peer lending is the right platform for you.
Payday loan statistics
A closer look at the facts and figures of payday loans
Ask an Expert