Disclaimer: This information should not be interpreted as an endorsement of cryptocurrency or any specific
provider, service or offering. It is not a recommendation to trade.
Learn more about CEX.IO
What fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies:
USD, EUR, GBP, RUB
- Supported cryptocurrencies:
Approximately 22 cryptocurrencies
Which payments methods are accepted?
Available payment methods vary per market.
- Bank transfer (ACH)
- Credit card
- Bank transfer (SEPA)
- Faster Payments Service
What’s it like to use CEX.IO?
1. Getting started
Head to the homepage to browse the markets, view the latest promotions and begin buying/selling/trading.
2. The markets
Browse the markets to find your trading pair.
3. Buy and sell
In addition to trading, you can directly buy and sell through CEX.IO too.
4. Create an account
Create an account at CEX.IO to get started.
Fees and limits
The fees below are accurate as of 27 February 2020.
Platform trading fees
Deposit and withdrawal fees
Available deposit options and fees vary depending on the currency.
CEX.IO is one of the only cryptocurrency exchanges that lets users make withdrawals straight to payment cards.
|Visa||Up to 3% + £2.10 service fee|
Up to £2.90 commission fee
|Mastercard||Up to 1.8% + £2.10 service fee|
Up to 1.2% + £2.90 commission fee
|Bank transfer||0.3% + £25|
|Visa||Up to 3% + €1.50 service fee|
Up to €3.50 commission fee
|Mastercard||Up to 1.8% + €1.50 service fee|
Up to 1.2% + €3.50 commission fee
|Bank transfer||0.3% + €25|
|Visa||Up to 3% + $1.20 service fee|
Up to $3.80 commission fee
|Mastercard||Up to 1.8% + $1.20 service fee|
Up to 1.2% + $3.80 commission fee
|Bank transfer||0.3% + $25|
|Visa||0.5% + ₽20|
Up to 2.5% + ₽30 commission fee
|Mastercard||0.5% + ₽20|
Up to 2.5% + ₽30 commission fee
How fast will my funds be available?
Up to 5 days
Credit card payments can go through almost instantly, as can some bank transfers.
But international bank transfers may take 3 to 5 days to arrive in your account.
Withdrawals to your card can go through almost instantly.
Other types of withdrawal are processed by CEX.IO within 24 hours, but total transfer times vary depending on your bank.
Is CEX.IO safe to use?
- Regulation. CEX.IO is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK, and is registered as a money services business (MSB) with FinCEN in the USA. It verifies users and has a risk-based AML/KYC policy.
- Verification process. Only verified users can trade on CEX.IO. When paying with card, users have to pass card verification. With other payment methods, users have to provide identification which CEX.IO will check for authenticity. The exchange monitors transactions to look for suspicious activity.
- Security features. CEX.IO offers two-factor authentication, stores user funds in cold storage and has its PCI DSS (payment card industry data security standard) certificate.
CEX.IO has been in operation as a cryptocurrency exchange since 2014. It’s operated almost completely without incident in that time. It says none of its users have ever experienced account funds theft.
How do I create an account at CEX.IO?
What else do I need to know about CEX.IO?
CEX.IO is based in London. It was founded in 2013 as a cloud mining company, and started its cryptocurrency exchange in 2014. It closed down its cloud mining operations in 2015, but kept on going as a cryptocurrency exchange.
Today it’s a relatively well-known and venerable cryptocurrency exchange.
Back to top
In a nutshell
- Competitive trading fees. CEX.IO’s tiered trading fee structure is competitive compared to other fiat to crypto exchanges.
- Card payments. Card deposits and withdrawals are a convenient option.
- Combined trading platform and broker. CEX.IO users can trade with each other, or buy directly from CEX.IO as a broker.
- High card fees. Credit card deposits and withdrawals are fast and convenient, but expensive.
- Limited coin selection. CEX.IO offers a limited range of cryptocurrencies compared to many other exchanges.
Compare CEX.IO against other exchanges in the UK
Table: shows partner brands and other brands, sorted by popularityBack to top
Frequently asked questions
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly
volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of
future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information.
You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory
requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may
have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.