Alfa Romeo Mito insurance group & costs
Find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Mito and how you could save on your premiums.
You’d probably recognise the Alfa Romeo Mito. First brought onto British roads in 2008, the Mito is marketed as Alfa Romeo’s further venture into supermini models, in direct competition with other similar brands such as Mini or Audi’s smaller models.
The Mito actually comes at the lower end of our price range compared to other Alfa model insurance. Read on to see how you can save on your car insurance – and how much you’d be expected to pay.
Alfa Romeo Mito insurance cost by driver’s age
Average insurance rates for the Alfa Romeo Mito
In the UK, average insurance premiums for an Alfa Romeo Mito work out as £40.22/month or a single annual payment of £429.69/year for a comprehensive insurance policy.
These numbers were calculated by aggregating quotes from a variety of well-known car insurance providers, using the following base information:
- A 2018 model Alfa Romeo Mito
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a drive overnight, and in a car park during the day
- Five years no claims discount
What factors can affect my premiums?
We’ve made a list of some of the top offenders when it comes to varying your premiums. Do any of them affect you?
- What model and age of Alfa Romeo Mito are you trying to insure?
- Does your car have any modifications?
- Credit history
- Miles driven per year
- Information about the driver (location, marital status, age)
- No claims discount
- Presence of security and anti-theft devices
How can I bring my insurance premiums down?
- Have you considered paying your insurance annually rather than monthly? The annual payment works out as £52.95 cheaper than if you continued paying monthly instalments.
- There’s no harm in haggling. Ask you insurer to beat a competitor’s quote, and see if you’re successful!
- Avoid modifications. Insurance companies are more likely to up your premiums if your car is fitted with racing wheels, engine modifiers, or spoilers, for example.
- Investigate what safety features are available on your model. Insurance providers are more likely to offer better premiums if your car is more secure.
Facts about the Alfa Romeo Mito
- In 2007, Alfa Romeo actually gave the European public a chance to name their new car. The winner was actually the name ‘Furiosa’, but this did not sit well with pronunciation in Spain. A few months later, Alfa announced that the competition would be scrapped and their new supermini labelled the ‘Mito’ – the ‘Mi’ coming from Milan and the ‘To’ from Torino (The Italian for Turin), the cities where the car was designed and built.
- The Mito has what has been labelled an ‘Alfa DNA’ driving system. This enables the driver to amend the engine, brakes, suspension, and gearbox by choosing between Dynamic, Normal, and All-Weather settings.
- The Mito can go on 0-60mph in 10 seconds.
The Alfa Romeo Mito isn’t the best performing supermini available to buy, but it is reasonably affordable to buy and insure. Better yet, the tips in this guide will help you to reduce your car insurance premiums even further.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Alfa Romeo Giulietta insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Giulietta and how to save on your premiums.
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and how to save on your premiums.
Alfa Romeo Giulia insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Giulia and how to save on your premiums.
Alfa Romeo 4C insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo 4C and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Alfa Romeo Stelvio insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and how to save on your car insurance premiums.