Microgen shares: Share prices, how to buy and potential costs
Find the right broker and buy shares in Microgen today.
Through its two businesses Aptitude Software and Microgen Financial Services, Microgen develops, implements and supports business-critical software.
Aptitude Software aids CFOs in streamlining finance operations, while Microgen Financial Services provides back office processing software to the banking, wealth management and energy sectors.
Read the rest of this article for more information about how to invest in Microgen shares, as well as a general checklist for prospective investors.
Microgen share prices
Take a look at Microgen Microgen’s share price performance over the last three months. Monitoring the market is Microgen one aspect of the research you should do before investing in any company.
Do your research, check out Microgen Microgen’s investor resources and stay up-to-date with any issues that might affect investors. As always, past performance is no indication of future results.
Compare these leading investment platforms
The following share dealing platforms offer access to a wide range of global and UK businesses. Use our comparison table to find the platform which best suits your needs, then simply head to the provider’s website and search for Microgen shares.
Microgen Microgen’s financial results from recent years
Check out how Microgen has performed financially over recent years. Prices shown are in euro.
|Microgen Income Statement:||2017||2016||2015||2014||2013|
|£ (millions)||£ (millions)||£ (millions)||£ (millions)||£ (millions)|
|Operating profit / (loss)||11.08||8.21||5.27||6.16||8.69|
|Profit before tax||10.78||7.88||4.88||6||8.69|
|Profit after tax from continuing operations||9.94||6.24||3.73||4||6.44|
Key share information
When buying or selling shares in a company, it’s important to keep an eye on a range of issues related to that company. We’ll walk you through some of the key aspects to consider when trading shares in Microgen .
General Microgen stock information
A quick overview of Microgen shares:
|Market cap||£259.41 million|
|Shares in issue||60.90 million|
|Sector||Software & Computer Services|
|Exchange||London Stock Exchange|
|Indices||FTSE techMARK 100,FTSE All Share,FTSE Small Cap,FTSE techMARK All Share|
Key personnel at Microgen
Important appointments of key individuals can also affect share prices.
|Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director||Philip Wood|
|Chief Executive Officer – Microgen Financial Systems, Executive Director||Simon Baines|
|Chief Executive Officer – Aptitude Software, Executive Director||Tom Crawford|
|Company Secretary||Mark Heather|
It’s a good idea to know when Microgen will be releasing its financial reports, as this will let you know how the company is performing and will have a big impact on the share price.
|Interim dividend payment date||24 August 2018|
|Interim ex-dividend date||02 August 2018|
|Final dividend payment date||25 May 2018|
|AGM||23 April 2018|
|Trading Announcement||18 January 2018|
Microgen dividend information
You’ll want to keep track of dividend information and note down the payment dates in your calendar. Prices shown are in euro from 2017 onwards, and in pounds sterling before that.
|Total dividend for year:||6.25p||5.00p||4.20p||3.30p|
Other important information
- General company news. It’s important to keep up to date with the company news. For example, is Microgen hiring or firing staff? Is it closing down any branches? Events such as these will have an impact on the share price of Microgen .
- Industry news. You should also be aware of other external events and news that may have an impact on Microgen Microgen’s share price, for instance, trends and changes in the sector.
General investor’s checklist
Before investing in any company or sector, you need to know the basics. Here are some very simple questions to bear in mind before buying shares:
- What does the company do? This might sound obvious, but can you explain what the company does in a few sentences? If you can’t, maybe you should go back to the drawing board.
- Is it making profits? This is a seemingly simple question. If you’re not sure whether a company is profitable, this could be a warning sign. Microgen keeps investors up-to-date with any issues that might affect share price, from acquisition news to results of AGM votes.
- Who are the main competitors? Every company operates alongside competitors. Before you invest you need to know if the company is the market leader, a newcomer, a fast-growing disrupter or something else. If the company you’re considering investing in is global-facing, you need to keep an eye on foreign competition too.
- Who is running the company? You can’t compete with the knowledge of wealth management companies and big banks, but you can still do your homework. Any decent company will list its senior managers. Even a cursory look at this can tell you something about the company’s stability and management style.
- Is the company’s position sustainable? If you’re investing for the long term, you need to consider this question. If you’re looking for a short-term gain, perhaps this is less important.
- Is there room for future growth? Linked to the question above, what is the outlook for the medium to long-term? Has your company reached its maximum size?
- Great for investors looking to buy and hold shares
- Some of the lowest fees in the market
- Access to millions of shares in international markets
- Easy to buy and manage shares online
- Capital at risk, investments may fall
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best pension drawdown
Find out the best pension drawdown for different sized pension pots and different investing aims. We’ve compared the different providers.
Invest in the London Stock Exchange
Find out more about the London Stock Exchange, what companies are listed on it and how to invest in the largest exchange in Europe.
Invest in the Toronto Stock Exchange
Find out what the Toronto Stock Exchange is, what companies are on it and how you can buy shares on Canada’s largest exchange.
Best pension fund
Looking for the best pension fund to invest your pension in? We’ve found some of the best ones by their compound annual growth rate.
Wealthsimple pension review
Find out what we thought of the Wealthsimple pension, including details on fees, funds and the features in the three different tiers.
Find out about the Fidelity self invested personal pension (SIPP) including what you can invest in, what features are available and how much it costs.
Invest in the Nikkei 225
Find out more about the Nikkei 225, some companies that make it up and how you can invest in the Nikkei 225.
Invest in the Euronext stock exchange
Find out about the Euronext stock exchange, how it works, some companies listed on it and how to invest in Euronext ETFs and shares
How to invest in the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) from the UK
Find the cheapest and easiest ways to invest in Asia’s oldest stock exchange.
How to invest in the Tokyo Stock Exchange from the UK
Find out the cheapest way to buy shares on Asia’s largest stock exchange.
Ask an Expert