Government to announce switch-off date of older and slower system.Read more…
Post Office Broadband | Compare fibre and ADSL deals and packages
A new era for the Post Office - now delivering post and broadband to your home.
The Post Office now offer ADSL and fibre broadband across the UK. Their broadband operations were taken over by TalkTalk in 2013 who have been improving it ever since.
What is 'line rental'?When shopping around for broadband deals, it’s easy to be drawn in by an eye-catching “£9.99 a month” deal. What these deals might be failing to mention is something called “line rental”.
Broadband generally needs a phone line to connect to the internet. BT owns the country’s phone line network, and charges other providers to use the lines. This cost is passed on to the customers and is called “line rental”.
What comes included with Post Office broadband packages?
- Free Wi-Fi Router. All the Post Office broadband packages come with a free wireless router. The hub you get will vary depending on the broadband package you choose.
- Unlimited Usage. Whether you choose to go with the ADSL or the fibre optic connection all Post office packages come with unlimited usage so you can use as much internet as you’d like without having to worry.
- Unlimited Weekend Calls. Calls to UK landlines, starting 6pm Friday and ending 6am Monday, are free of charge. 12 hours longer than BT offer.
- Free UK Support. A team of experts are at hand to help with anything you need, from switching accounts to resolving broadband issues. They are available; Monday – Saturday between 8am-8pm and Sunday between 9am-6pm.
- Post Office SafeGuard. A free online protection system that keeps your family safer online by blocking harmful or inappropriate content.
Does the Post Office offer any broadband bundles?
- Anytime UK Calls. For an extra £8 a month the Post Office provide Anytime UK Calls as part of the broadband bundle. This entitles you to call landlines for free all week, as well as mobiles and international landlines in selected countries for free over the weekends.
What is the Post Office good and bad at?
More guides on Finder
Abarth 500 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 500 falls under and the average cost of insurance based on the driver’s age and location.
Ford Mustang insurance group
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Ford Mustang based on the specific model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Suzuki Vitara insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Vitara falls under and the average cost of car insurance.
Toyota Avensis insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Avensis falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan 350z insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to insure your Nissan 350Z based on the driver’s age and their location.
Nissan Almera insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Nissan Almera based on your age and location.
Car insurance group 31
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 31 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and their location.
Pay-as-you-go vs temporary car insurance
Need car insurance for a rarely driven or borrowed car, but not sure which cover to take out? We’ve got the answers, plus pros and cons for each option.
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.