Audi S5 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for the Audi S5 based on the specific model version and the demographics of the driver.
The S5 sits at the higher end of the spectrum for quality Audi vehicles. If you’re happy to spend a bit extra on a classy coupe, you won’t be disappointed with this vehicle. In this guide, you’ll discover which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
What insurance group does the Audi S5 fall under?
Like every car ever made available to buy, the Audi S5 was assigned an insurance group based on how much it may cost insurers to cover it. These groups range from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). You can find an Audi S5 in insurance groups ranging from 40 to 42, meaning the car insurance will be on the expensive side.
The costs will vary slightly between different Audi S5 insurance groups based on factors related to the different models and trims. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £1,018 for cover on an Audi S5 Quattro Sportback 5d S Tronic that is in insurance group 40 or around £1,062 for an Audi S5 Quattro Coupe Black Edition 2d S Tronic that is in insurance group 42. This shows you the premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a higher insurance group.
Audi S5 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Audi S5 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, these aren’t the only factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium. There are plenty more, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the potential impact of your postcode, we pulled together some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in 3 different locations. The quotes are for an Audi S5 Quattro Sportback Black Edition 5d S Tronic.
- Expensive: £1,216 (London SE1)
- Average: £1,018 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £763 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Audi S5 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, here is a rundown of the other key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine inside your vehicle, the more you can expect to pay to insure it. However, as all Audi S5s have a 3.0-litre engine, this won’t be a factor to compare in this scenario.
- Driver location. Insurers will adjust your premium based on the likelihood of someone living in your neighbourhood making a claim on their policy. These adjustments are based on previous claims data. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,216 for insurance for an Audi S5 Quattro Coupe 2d Tip Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,018. That’s a £198 difference between those living in London and Newcastle, because Londoners are statistically more likely to make a claim on their car insurance policy.
- Driver age. Insurers will also use previous claims data to assess the likelihood of someone your age making a claim. The youngest drivers are charged a lot more to insure a car because they are the most likely to claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,115 for the Audi S5 Quattro Coupe 2d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,108. As you can see, the average 20-year-old will have to pay almost double to insure an S5, because they represent far more of a risk to insurance companies.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your credit history and job
- The age and model of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Your car usage
- Your driving history and activity, including your no-claim discount
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your marital status
How can I save on my Audi S5 premium?
Audi S5 insurance may be on the more expensive side, but there are a few actions you can take to keep costs down. We have listed some ideas below.
- Reduce your annual mileage. Occasionally walking or using public transport, rather than driving your car, can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Annual payments help you sidestep the possibility of being charged interest on monthly premiums.
- Install extra safety precautions. If you can add features that make your car safer, you’ll be perceived as less of a risk for companies to insure and your premium will usually drop.
- Don’t blindly accept your renewal quote. Most insurers save their best deals for new customers, so it usually pays to switch companies each year.
The Audi S5 offers incredible speed, beauty and quality, but you’ll pay a great deal to insure such a desirable vehicle. Thankfully, you can use the tips in this guide to reduce the cost of your premiums.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Audi S3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi Q2 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi S4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S4 falls under and the average cost of insurance.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi TT insurance group & cost
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi TT and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert