Audi RS5 insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how you could save on your premiums.
The Audi RS5 was released in 2010 as part of Audi’s redesigning process, with the first models arriving on roads in the spring of that year.
In many respects, the RS5 is an updated version of Audi’s classic A5 model, itself famous for its family-friendly design and luxurious interior. The ‘RS’ in the updated model’s title comes from the German RennSport, literally ‘Racing Sport’ – so you’d be right in thinking the RS5 is more powerful and sportier than your typical A5.
Read on to find out more about the Audi RS5, and how you can save when it comes to insurance.
Audi RS5 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from group 1 (cheapest) to group 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Audi RS5 models range from insurance groups 44 to 49, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £1,096 for cover on a Audi SQ5 4.2 FSI Coupe Quattro 2d S Tronic, or around £1,194 for a Audi SQ5 4.2 FSI Quattro Limited Edition Cabriolet 2d S Tronic.
You can find the insurance group, and likely cost, of your Audi RS5 model in the table below.
Average Audi RS5 insurance rates
An average of quotes produced by several car insurance companies state that you can expect to pay approximately £123.87/month in insurance premiums. If you’d rather pay annually in a single instalment, that would set you back £1,322.14.
Audi RS5 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Audi RS5 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Audi RS5 4.2 FSI Coupe Quattro 2d S Tronic.
- Expensive: £1,258 (London SE1)
- Average: £1,096 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £830 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Audi RS5 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. As the Audi RS5 models all come with a 4.2-litre engine, there is no reason to do a comparison between the models to see the impact engine size has on insurance quotes.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,294 for insurance for a Audi RS5 4.2 FSI Quattro Limited Edition Cabriolet 2d S Tronic, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,194.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,188 for the Audi RS5 4.2 FSI Coupe Quattro 2d S Tronic, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,146.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Audi RS5 premiums?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don’t want it leaving you with an empty bank account. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. There are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £59.52 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. By adding extra safety measures, you’re quite likely to lower your premium.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, when it’s time for renewal make sure you shop around and don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Facts about the Audi RS5
- Audi often describes models with the title ‘RS’ as ‘halo vehicles’ due to possessing the latest in Audi technology and software. ‘RS’ models, including the RS5, are produced separately by subsidiary Audi Sport GmbH, who specialise in high performance and luxury cars.
- Not every RS model is available worldwide. The RS5, for instance, is not available in the United States.
- In their review of the new RS5, The Australian asserted that the model ‘goes softly but carries a big stick’ – this should speak volumes about the quality and performance of the car.
The Audi RS5 is a sports car that oozes class, but you’ll pay way above the average rate to insure it. In fact, it’s one of the most expensive cars on the road. Thankfully, the tips in this guide will help you reduce your premiums.
Frequently Asked Questions
More guides on Finder
Audi S3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi Q2 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi S5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi S4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S4 falls under and the average cost of insurance.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi TT insurance group & cost
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi TT and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert