Audi RS5 insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how you could save on your premiums.
The Audi RS5 was released in 2010 as part of Audi’s redesigning process, with the first models arriving on roads in the spring of that year.
In many respects, the RS5 is an updated version of Audi’s classic A5 model, itself famous for its family-friendly design and luxurious interior. The ‘RS’ in the updated model’s title comes from the German RennSport, literally ‘Racing Sport’ – so you’d be right in thinking the RS5 is more powerful and sportier than your typical A5.
Read on to find out more about the Audi RS5, and how you can save when it comes to insurance.
Average Audi RS5 insurance rates
An average of quotes produced by several car insurance companies state that you can expect to pay approximately £123.87/month in insurance premiums. If you’d rather pay annually in a single instalment, that would set you back £1,322.14.
Every driver is different and has their own unique set of circumstances. We used the following data in our insurance estimates:
- A 2018 model Audi RS5
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a drive overnight, and in a car park during the day
- Five years no claims discount
Which factors can affect the rate of my insurance?
- Driver’s details (age, marital status, location, sex)
- Miles driven per year
- Modifications installed on the car – is your RS3 standard or modified?
- No claims discount
- How old is the model you’re looking to insure? Age can affect your premiums.
- Credit history of the driver
- Careful driving, subject to BlackBox technology installed in the car
How can I save on my RS5 premiums?
We’ve gathered together some of the top ways of reducing your car insurance to help you save. Keep them in mind whilst you look for a policy:
- Who is insured on the car? Only insure people who use the car regularly – you can always add people later if someone wants to drive your car for a short period in the future.
- Make sure your no claims discount is maintained. Longer no claim periods can affect your premiums.
- Paying for your insurance annually rather than monthly can save you money. In the case of the RS5, the total for monthly payments is actually £120.04 more expensive than the annual sum!
Facts about the Audi RS5
- Audi often describes models with the title ‘RS’ as ‘halo vehicles’ due to possessing the latest in Audi technology and software. ‘RS’ models, including the RS5, are produced separately by subsidiary Audi Sport GmbH, who specialise in high performance and luxury cars.
- Not every RS model is available worldwide. The RS5, for instance, is not available in the United States.
- In their review of the new RS5, The Australian asserted that the model ‘goes softly but carries a big stick’ – this should speak volumes about the quality and performance of the car.
What safety features are available on the Audi RS5? Is the car safe?
The Audi RS5 has not yet been independently reviewed, but as soon as it is we will update our page.
The RS5 is available with a high number of safety features to ensure the wellbeing of occupants, talk to your insurer to see if any additional safety features can reduce the price of your premiums. Available safety features for the RS5 include electronic stability control, seat belt warnings, parking sensors, advanced cruise control, and front-and-side impact beams. An internal monitoring system also exists to control features within the car itself.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert