Audi A7 insurance rates
Check out our quick and simple guide to insuring the Audi A7.
The Audi A7 is effectively a sportier version of the Audi A6, known in manufacturing circles as a ‘Sportback’ model due to its distinctive sloping rear window and boot lid.
The A7 was unveiled in 2010 at a Munich art museum and went on sale later that year. With a minimalist interior design and a sporty feel, the A7 is a remarkable piece of engineering – and it doesn’t look half bad either!
Audi A7 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from group 1 (cheapest) to group 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Audi A7 models range from insurance groups 41 to 50, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £1,062 for cover on a Audi A7 Black Edition 40 TDI 204PS S Tronic auto 5d, or around £1,219 for a Audi A7 Vorsprung 55 TFSI 340PS Quattro S Tronic auto 5d.
You can find the insurance group, and likely cost, of your Audi A7 model in the table below.
Average insurance rates of an Audi A7
On average, the Audi A7 can be insured in a single annual payment of £847.34 for a comprehensive policy. If you’d rather pay monthly, it works out as £80.07 per month. These figures are an average of numerous quotes from a variety of car insurance companies.
Audi A7 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Audi A7 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Audi A7 45 TFSI 265 Quattro Sport S Tronic 5d.
- Expensive: £1,250 (London SE1)
- Average: £1,080 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £814 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Audi A7 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £1,041 for the Audi A7 Sport 45 TFSI 245PS S Tronic auto 5d, but could pay around £1,219 for the Audi A7 Vorsprung 55 TFSI 340PS Quattro S Tronic auto 5d.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,294 for insurance for a Audi A7 55 TFSI e Quattro Competition S Tronic 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,194.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,175 for the Audi A7 45 TFSI 265 Quattro Sport S Tronic 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,139.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Audi A7 premiums?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don’t want it leaving you with an empty bank account. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. There are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £59.52 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. By adding extra safety measures, you’re quite likely to lower your premium.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, when it’s time for renewal make sure you shop around and don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
- Audi is a trendsetter when it comes to environmentally friendly lighting. In 2006, Audi was the first car manufacture to install LED lights on their cars, a technology that is now commonplace!
- While Audi is a German car company, the name isn’t actually German. The name originates from the founder, August Horch, whose name translated into Latin as ‘Audi’. In English, it means ‘Listen.’
Is the Audi A7 safe?
The Audi A7 has a lot of inbuilt features – including multiple cameras and scanners – that are intended to stop a crash happening in the first place.
Safety features for the Audi A7 include blind spot sensors, low tire pressure warning, seatbelt pre-tensioners and daytime running lights.
The Audi A7 executive salooon provides a classy and enjoyable drive, but you’ll have to pay a lot to insure this vehicle, no matter what choice of model you make. Thankfully, the tips in this guide will help you to reduce your premiums.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Audi S3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi Q2 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi S5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi S4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S4 falls under and the average cost of insurance.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi TT insurance group & cost
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi TT and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert