Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Audi A1 by age and location.
Audi A1 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Audi A1 models range from insurance groups 9 to 38, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £711 for cover on a Audi A1 1.2 TFSI SE 5d, or around £868 for a Audi A1 S Line Nav 1.4 TFSI 150PS S Tronic auto 5d.
You can find the insurance group, and likely cost, of your Audi A1 model in the table below.
Average Audi A1 insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Audi A1, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Audi A1 with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £60.96, or an annual sum of £672.
Audi A1 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Audi A1 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport 5d.
- Expensive: £932 (London SE1)
- Average: £781 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £568 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Audi A1 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £800 for the 1.0-litre Audi A1 TFSI SE 5d, but could pay around £830 for the 2.0-litre Audi A1 TDI Black Edition 5d.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £997 for insurance for a Audi A1 1.4 TFSI (150bhp) S Line 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £868.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,694 for the Audi A1 2.0 TDI Contrast Edition Plus 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £887.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Audi A1 premiums?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don’t want it leaving you with an empty bank account. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. There are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £59.52 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. By adding extra safety measures, you’re quite likely to lower your premium.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, when it’s time for renewal make sure you shop around and don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Audi models
More guides on Finder
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sorento insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sorento falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert