Get a secured or unsecured loan for life’s many needs.
If you need money to pay off debt, finance a vacation or start a business, TD Bank offers flexible terms and repayment options, making it possible to find the right loan for you.
First, am I eligible?
To qualify for a TD Bank loan, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Provide proof of US citizenship or residency.
- Have a good credit of 680 or higher.
- Live in a state where TD Bank offers loans.
TD Bank doesn’t offer loans to residents of…
Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Vermont or Washington, DC.
What type of loans does TD Bank offer?
TD Bank offers multiple borrowing options to suit your preferences for loan amount, funds disbursement speed and terms.
- TD Express loans. Borrowers who need money in 48 hours can get up to $15,000. Terms range from 12 and 60 months.
- Personal unsecured loans. Borrow up to $50,000 with 12- to 60-month terms and a fixed rate that can be as low as 8.99%.
- Personal secured loans. Borrow funds with no maximum at a variable interest rate. TD Bank secured personal loans use your savings account, money market account or Certificate of Deposit as collateral.
- Small business loans. Start or expand a business with a small business loan up to $1,000,000 and terms of three or five years. Competitive fixed rates vary by business and credit history.
|Want to learn more about TD Bank loans?|
|Read the TD Express loan review||Read the TD Bank small business loan review|
|Read the TD personal unsecured loan review|
Compare other personal loan options
Why should I consider taking out a TD Bank personal loan?
- Easy online application. Apply online for unsecured personal loans. Schedule an appointment online to meet with a representative about small business loans.
- Discounts. Earn a discount of 0.25% on your rate when you set up autopay from a TD Bank account.
- No maximum with collateral. Secured loans have no cap.
- No prepayment penalty. Pay your loan off early at no additional cost.
How much will it cost me to borrow with TD Bank?
TD bank uses your credit history to determine your interest rate. Late fees for unsecured loans are an additional 5% of the minimum payment. Secured loans come with no late fee.
Are TD Bank loans safe?
TD Bank uses a layered security system including Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect your banking information. Employees are trained in security measures, and you’ll be asked to confirm security questions any time you sign in to your account from an unrecognized device.
What about TD Bank’s reputation?
TD bank gets relatively good ratings for a bank of its size — it’s the 10th largest bank in the US, according to the BBB (even though it’s actually Canadian). It’s been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2002 and gets an A+ rating, based on factors like how it handles customer complaints.
Online reviews of TD Bank tend to lean negative, including reviews of its personal loans. Top complaints included: Too many documents, poor customer service, lost checks and other problems with payment going through.
How to apply for a personal loan with TD Bank
Before you apply for a loan with TD Bank, make sure you’re eligible. It only offers loans to US citizens or permanent residents that are over 18, have a credit score of at least 680 and live in a state where it offers financing.
- Go to TD Bank’s website and click the Banking tab.
- Choose personal loans and then ‘Express loan’ or ‘personal unsecured loan’. (For a small business loan, you can navigate to the small business section and then set up an appointment to apply at a branch.)
For all loans, be ready to provide:
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
- A description of the property or car that you’re interested in purchasing.
- Financial information such as debts and annual income.
Pros and cons of TD Bank loans
- Flexible terms.
- Reputable lender.
- High maximum amount, with no maximum for secured loans.
- Fixed interest rate.
- Autopay discount from a TD checking account.
- Not available in every state.
- Collateral required for loans of more than $50,000.
TD Bank can provide you with a loan to fund many of life’s needs. Low fixed rates and variable terms make it an appealing option, but if services are not available in your state, you may need to look elsewhere. Be sure to compare your loan options to make an informed borrowing decision.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use money in my TD Bank savings account as collateral for a secured loan?
Yes, and you will still accrue interest on the money in that savings account.
What if I find myself unable to repay a TD Bank personal loan?
You could call TD Bank customer service to discuss a possible repayment plan.
Can I apply for a TD Bank small business loan online?
No. At this time, you can only set up appointments online. You must meet with a representative in-person at a branch to apply.