Best online experience
Min. credit score
Min. down payment
- Polished website. Better&rsquo
- s website works well on any size screen, and people new to the home-buying process are likely to feel at ease with the intuitive application.
- No origination fee. Many lenders on this list charge origination fees or application fees for home loans, but Better doesn&rsquo
- Price-matches competitors. If a different lender approves you for a lower mortgage rate or more attractive terms, Better will match the company&rsquo
- s offer or give you $100.
- Fewer types of loans. This lender doesn&rsquo
- t provide government-backed VA or USDA loans.
- No app. Most lenders on this list have dedicated apps, but Better only has a website.
- No brick-and-mortar branches. Better doesn&rsquo
- t have any physical locations, so you can&rsquo
- t meet with a loan officer in person.
|Loan types||Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, Refinance|
|Minimum credit score||Refinance: 680
All other loans: 620
|Minimum down payment (Conventional)||3%|
|States available||Not available in: HI, MA, MN, NV, NH, VT, VA|