Best online experience
Min. credit score
Min. down payment
And in addition to Better's web presence, this online-only lender also provides mortgages that don't require origination fees. Better also price-matches competitors in case you find a more attractive offer elsewhere.
- Intuitive interface. Better's website features a straightforward layout that's easy to navigate on any size screen, and first-time homebuyers are bound to feel at ease with the interactive application process.
- Fewer fees. Better never charges fees to process applications or for origination.
- Price-matching. If another lender extends you a better offer, Better will match the lower price or give you $100.
- Limited loan types. Better doesn't offer some types of mortgages, such as VA and USDA loans.
- No mobile app. Unlike many other online-only lenders, Better doesn't have a standalone app.
- Not available nationwide. As of October 2020, Better is not yet licensed to offer mortgages in Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Vermont or Virginia.
|Loan types||Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, Refinance|
|Minimum credit score||Refinance: 680
All other loans: 620
|Minimum down payment (Conventional)||3%|
|States available||Not available in: HI, MA, MN, NV, NH, VT, VA|