Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking review
Earn interest with unlimited transactions at this bank serving 11 states.
finder.com’s rating: 2.0 / 5.0
If you own a business in one of the 11 states Huntington National Bank serves, you may qualify for the top-tier Unlimited Plus Business Checking. But there’s a $40 monthly fee.
$40 per month
Minimum deposit to open
|Fee||$40 per month|
|To waive the fee||Maintain $50,000 in combined deposit relationship balances|
|Minimum deposit to open||$0|
|Intro or bonus offer||Get $750 when you open a new Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account by March 7, 2022. You must deposit at least $20,000 within 60 days and keep the account open for at least 90 days.|
|ATMs||Free at more than 1,800 ATMs|
|Out-of-network ATM fee||$3|
|Foreign transaction fee||3%|
Rhys Subitch is a former writer and editor at Finder who tackled topics across the site. With half a decade of experience researching, editing, and writing for a Fortune 500 company, university, and several independent publications, Rhys brought readers the most up-to-date and curated information on all things finance.
Huntington’s Unlimited Plus Business Checking account is best for large, established businesses with healthy monthly transactions that can support a large account balance. Standard business perks come with the ability to earn interest on your balance with no limit on your transactions. An Unlimited Plus account with Huntington also means you get to choose two out of five bonus features like a deposit scan tool, a fraud tool, two free monthly incoming domestic wires, and more.
But the account is not best for smaller businesses that can’t meet the large deposit requirements needed to avoid the $40 monthly fee. There’s also a small ATM fee on every $100 above a $25,000 limit, but you can avoid this if you choose and use the deposit scan tool feature.
How do I open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account?
You’ll need to find the nearest Huntington National Bank to open an account. To find your nearest branch, follow the steps below:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the Huntington National Bank website, select Find a branch at the top of the page.
- Enter your ZIP code or address or select Use current location and Go.
- Select a location on the map for details.
To apply for an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account, you must meet requirements that include:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Business located within Huntington National Bank’s service area
The documentation you’re required to submit varies based on your business type
What are the benefits of a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account?
The Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account includes:
- Earn interest on your balance. This is the only interest-bearing account in Huntington’s business checking suite. But the interest rate depends on your account balance and the location where you open the account. You’ll need to visit a branch for specific rates.
- Unlimited transactions. You can make as many transactions as you need each month.
- Bonus services. Choose two of five bonus services: a deposit scan tool, 10% Paychex discount, fraud tool, two complementary incoming domestic wires a month and 25 returned-deposit items a month.
- Overdraft relief. Huntington’s 24-hour overdraft protection, gives you time to make a deposit and avoid overdraft fees. But you can’t waive return fees.
- $750 bonus. Get $750 when you open a new Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account by March 07, 2022, and deposit at least $20,000 within 60 days. You must also keep the account open for at least 90 days.
What should I look out for?
Look out for the following when you’re considering an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account:
- In-person or ATM deposit fee. You’re encouraged to use the deposit scan tool for cash or check deposits to your account, which allows you to skirt the 30 cent fee on every $100 above a $25,000 limit for deposits at branches or ATMs.
- Limited locations. If you don’t live in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, West Virginia or Wisconsin, you’re out of luck.
If you prefer a bank with more locations and support options, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when looking for a business checking account.
Huntington National Bank’s ATM network and fees
According to the Huntington National Bank website, there are more than 1,800 ATMs in its network and nearly 1,000 branches.
|Overdraft and returned payment||$36|
|Stop payment, over the phone or in branch||$31|
|Stop payment, online||$25|
|Account statement, paper||$3|
|Account statement, paperless||$0|
|ATM outside Huntington’s network||$3|
|Cash back at a register||$0|
Compare with other business checking accounts
Find out what competitors have to offer before signing up for an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
You can access your funds a number of ways with Huntington National Bank, including:
- ATMs. Check your balance, make withdrawals and deposit cash and checks.
- ACH transfers. Electronically send funds to and from your account using ACH transfers.
- Wire transfers. Send wires to and from your business account. There’s an $18 fee for incoming domestic wire transfers and $25 for incoming international wire transfers. There’s also a $45 fee for outgoing domestic wire transfers and a $75 fee for outgoing international wire transfers.
- Mobile app. Pay bills and make check deposits and ACH transfers.
What other business checking options does Huntington National Bank offer?
Other business checking accounts offered by Huntington include many of the same benefits of Unlimited Plus, though with increasing limitations:
- Unlimited Business Checking. Take advantage of the perks of Unlimited Plus with the choice of only one bonus service.
- Business Checking 100. Limits monthly transactions to 100 and in-person and ATM deposits to $5,000.
- Business Analyzed Checking. Charges fees for each transaction that can be offset by an earnings credit.
How to contact Huntington National Bank
Contact Huntington in one of the following three ways
- Visit one of Huntington’s 1,100+ branches.
- For general assistance, call 800-480-2265 any day from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET. or call 800-480-2001 for business banking questions on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET.
- Start a live chat on the website by clicking Ask Us.
Frequently asked questions
What are the limits to Huntington’s overdraft protection?
Transfers among money market accounts are capped each month, potentially limiting your protection if you use only one as backup.
Does the Unlimited Plus Business Checking account come with payroll services?
No. You can pay a fee to integrate Paychex with your account to manage your payroll. If you choose Paychex as one of your bonus services, you’ll get a 10% discount on the fee.
Can I sign up for a business credit card through Huntington?
Yes. Each of Huntington’s business checking accounts come with a free Huntington Debit Mastercard BusinessCard that comes with zero liability, travel assistance, a concierge service, ID theft resolution services and acceptance worldwide.
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.