Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking review
Earn interest with unlimited monthly transactions at this bank serving the Midwest.
finder.com’s rating: 2.0 / 5.0
If you own a business in one of the seven Midwest states Huntington National Bank serves, you may qualify for the top-tier Unlimited Plus Business Checking. But watch for large deposit requirements and a preference for digital deposits.
$40 per month
Rhys Subitch is a writer and editor at finder.com who tackles topics across the site. With half a decade of experience researching, editing and writing for a Fortune 500 company, university and several independent publications, Rhys brings readers the most up-to-date and curated info on all things finance.
Huntington’s Unlimited Plus Business Checking account targets large, established businesses with healthy monthly transactions that can support a large account balance. Standard business perks come with the ability to earn interest on your balance with no limit on your transactions.
But branches are limited to seven states and there’s no online assistance.
What are the benefits of business checking with Huntington National Bank?
The Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account includes:
- Earn interest on your balance. This is the only interest-bearing account in Huntington’s business checking suite.
- Unlimited transactions. You can make as many transactions as you need each month.
- Bonus services. Choose two of five bonus services: a deposit scan tool, 10% Paychex discount, fraud tool, two complementary incoming domestic wires a month and 25 returned-deposit items a month.
What should I look out for?
Look out for the following when you’re considering an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account:
- Monthly maintenance fee. Huntington waives the $40 monthly fee if balances among your business deposit accounts exceed $50,000.
- In-person or ATM deposit fee. You’re encouraged to use the deposit scan tool for cash or check deposits to your account, which allows you to skirt the 30 cent fee on every $100 above a $25,000 limit for deposits at branches or ATMs.
- Limited locations. If you don’t live in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia, you’re out of luck.
- No online assistance. You’ll need to go to a branch location to open a business account. For questions you can call 800-480-2265 or go to a branch.
If you prefer a bank with more locations and support options, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when looking for a business checking account.
Huntington National Bank’s ATM network and fees
According to the Huntington National Bank website, there are more than 1,800 ATMs in its network and nearly 1,000 branches.
|Overdraft and returned payment||$37.50|
|Stop payment, over the phone or in branch||$31|
|Stop payment, online||$25|
|Account statement, paper||$3|
|Account statement, paperless||$0|
|ATM outside Huntington’s network||$3|
|Cash back at a register||$0|
Compare with other business checking accounts
Find out what competitors have to offer before signing up for an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account.
How do I open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account?
You’ll need to find the nearest Huntington National Bank to open an account. To find your nearest branch, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Huntington National Bank website and select Find a branch at the top of the page.
- Enter your ZIP code or address or select Use current location and Go.
- Select a location on the map for details.
To apply for an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account, you must meet requirements that include:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Business located within Huntington National Bank’s service area
The documentation you’re required to submit varies based on your business type
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
You can access your funds a number of ways with Huntington National Bank, including:
- ATMs. Check your balance, make withdrawals and deposit cash and checks.
- ACH transfers. Electronically send funds to and from your account using ACH transfers.
- Wire transfers. Send and receive funds through a wire transfer. Each outgoing wire will cost a fee.
- Mobile app. Pay bills and make check deposits and ACH transfers.
What other business checking options does Huntington National Bank offer?
Other business checking accounts offered by Huntington include many of the same benefits of Unlimited Plus, though with increasing limitations:
- Unlimited Business Checking. Take advantage of the perks of Unlimited Plus with the choice of only one bonus service.
- Business Checking 100. Limits monthly transactions to 100 and in-person and ATM deposits to $5,000.
- Business Analyzed Checking. Charges fees for each transaction that can be offset by an earnings credit.
Frequently asked questions
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.