Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking review
Earn interest with unlimited monthly transactions at this bank serving the Midwest.
finder.com’s rating: 2.0 / 5.0
If you own a business in one of the seven Midwest states Huntington National Bank serves, you may qualify for the top-tier Unlimited Plus Business Checking. There’s usually a $40 monthly fee, but Huntington Bank is waiving this fee for the rest of 2020 to help those affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
$40 per month
Rhys Subitch is the loans editor at Finder, guiding Americans toward smart borrowing decisions. With over half a decade of experience researching, editing and writing for a Fortune 500 company, university and several independent publications, Rhys brings readers the most up-to-date and curated info in the lending sphere. They make frequent appearances on Finder's YouTube channel to talk through loan topics that range from the very basics to the latest government assistance programs. Before specializing in lending, Rhys was a personal finance writer for Finder’s credit cards, insurance, banking and mortgage verticals. They hold a BA in sociology and a certificate in editing from the University of Washington, Seattle.
Huntington’s Unlimited Plus Business Checking account is best for large, established businesses with healthy monthly transactions that can support a large account balance. Standard business perks come with the ability to earn interest on your balance with no limit on your transactions.
But the account is not best for smaller businesses that can’t meet the large deposit requirements. Its branches are also limited to seven states and there’s no online assistance.
How do I open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account?
You’ll need to find the nearest Huntington National Bank to open an account. To find your nearest branch, follow the steps below:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the Huntington National Bank website, select Find a branch at the top of the page.
- Enter your ZIP code or address or select Use current location and Go.
- Select a location on the map for details.
To apply for an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account, you must meet requirements that include:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Business located within Huntington National Bank’s service area
The documentation you’re required to submit varies based on your business type
What are the benefits of a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account?
The Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account includes:
- Earn interest on your balance. This is the only interest-bearing account in Huntington’s business checking suite. But the interest rate depends on your account balance and the location where you open the account. You’ll need to visit a branch for specific rates.
- Unlimited transactions. You can make as many transactions as you need each month.
- Bonus services. Choose two of five bonus services: a deposit scan tool, 10% Paychex discount, fraud tool, two complementary incoming domestic wires a month and 25 returned-deposit items a month.
- Overdraft relief. Huntington’s 24-hour overdraft protection, gives you time to make a deposit and avoid overdraft fees. But you can’t waive return fees.
- Waived monthly fee. You typically need at least $50,000 in your deposit accounts to avoid the $40 monthly fee. But Huntington is waiving this fee for the rest of 2020 to provide financial relief to customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What should I look out for?
Look out for the following when you’re considering an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account:
- In-person or ATM deposit fee. You’re encouraged to use the deposit scan tool for cash or check deposits to your account, which allows you to skirt the 30 cent fee on every $100 above a $25,000 limit for deposits at branches or ATMs.
- Limited locations. If you don’t live in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia, you’re out of luck.
- No online assistance. You’ll need to go to a branch location to open a business account. For questions you can call 800-480-2265 or go to a branch.
If you prefer a bank with more locations and support options, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when looking for a business checking account.
Huntington National Bank’s ATM network and fees
According to the Huntington National Bank website, there are more than 1,800 ATMs in its network and nearly 1,000 branches.
|Overdraft and returned payment||$37.50|
|Stop payment, over the phone or in branch||$31|
|Stop payment, online||$25|
|Account statement, paper||$3|
|Account statement, paperless||$0|
|ATM outside Huntington’s network||$3|
|Cash back at a register||$0|
Compare with other business checking accounts
Find out what competitors have to offer before signing up for an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
You can access your funds a number of ways with Huntington National Bank, including:
- ATMs. Check your balance, make withdrawals and deposit cash and checks.
- ACH transfers. Electronically send funds to and from your account using ACH transfers.
- Wire transfers. Send and receive funds through a wire transfer. Each outgoing wire will cost a fee.
- Mobile app. Pay bills and make check deposits and ACH transfers.
What other business checking options does Huntington National Bank offer?
Other business checking accounts offered by Huntington include many of the same benefits of Unlimited Plus, though with increasing limitations:
- Unlimited Business Checking. Take advantage of the perks of Unlimited Plus with the choice of only one bonus service.
- Business Checking 100. Limits monthly transactions to 100 and in-person and ATM deposits to $5,000.
- Business Analyzed Checking. Charges fees for each transaction that can be offset by an earnings credit.
Frequently asked questions
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.