We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Audi RS3 car insurance rates
What to expect with your premium when protecting this powerful, stylish sedan.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The 2018 Audi RS3 has made its debut in the US, and it’s the first model to do so in a few generations. As one of the world’s most expensive sedans, it tends to be pricey to insure, which is typical for Audis. The average cost of insuring an Audi is around $200 a month — or $2,400 a year.
Your premium varies depending on your provider, driving history, level of coverage and state. Car insurance is often cheaper in states like Maine and notoriously expensive in New Jersey, Minnesota and Georgia.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Compare car insurance for your Audi RS3
Audi RS3 insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
|A4 ALL ROAD||$132.00||$44,000|
How to compare insurance for the Audi RS3
Car insurance is customizable. You can change providers or tweak your policy, level of coverage and extras to suit your situation, resulting in a competitive and flexible market.
When comparing coverage for your Audi RS3, work your way through:
- Price. Settle on how much coverage you want, and use that sample to compare providers.
- Coverage types. The Audi RS3 is an expensive car, so you may want to consider buying more than your state’s minimum liability protection. Many policyholders add collision, comprehensive, uninsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection.
- Extras. You can enhance your policy with extras like accident forgiveness and vanishing deductibles, depending on your insurer.
- Restrictions. Due to high demand in the US, Audis are typically easy to insure. But many providers won’t cover teens driving high-end cars like the RS3. Some carriers impose restrictions on ridesharing and driving overseas too. Learn limitations now to avoid denied claims and gaps in coverage later.
- Warranty. A four-year, 50,000-mile basic warranty comes standard with any new Audi RS3. It includes four years of 24/7 roadside assistance, a 12-year warranty against corrosion perforation and the first scheduled maintenance service at 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.
Does Audi have any special programs for the RS3?
Do you already own an Audi? Audi rewards loyal customers by putting $1,000 toward the purchase or lease of any new 2017 or 2018 model — including the RS3.
If you’re in the military, you may be eligible for Audi’s Military Sales and Expatriate Program. It offers special discounts for active-duty military, civilian and Department of Defense employees stationed outside of the US.
Your insurer may offer other discounts for loyalty to them, as well as for defensive driving and paying your premiums up front.
What factors affect car insurance for the Audi RS3?
The rate you’re offered reflects your provider, as well as your driving history, where you live and the car you drive. Insurers use their own algorithms that weigh mileage, body styling and engine power differently.
For an Audi RS3, your insurance premium is affected by:
- Body type. The RS3 is a luxury four-door sedan. While compact, it’s powerful and expensive, so it tends to be on the pricier side to insure.
- Fuel option. This model runs on premium gas and has a turbocharged engine, which could result in higher premiums.
- Theft. The RS3 is not a frequently stolen vehicle. Audis have low theft rates in general, which is good news for insurance costs.
- Repairs. While the RS3 is a sedan, it’s a high-performance one with sporty features, like a boost gauge and G-meter. It can be costly to replace the interior or repair body damage, which raises the price of insurance. However, Audi has a generous warranty and maintenance program.
- Safety features. The RS3 is equipped with top-notch safety features, like airbags, electronic stability control and an antitheft alarm system. Insurance is a game of risk, and because these features lower the risk of damage in an accident, they often lead to lower rates.
Driver factors and insurance costs
When they’re crunching the numbers, insurers look at your age, gender and marital status in determining your rate. They’ll also consider your driving history and any violations, accidents and claims. If your driving record is free from major traffic violations in the past three to five years, you’ll most likely score a cheaper rate.
On top of your driving history, insurers take your credit history into account. Generally, the better your credit, the better your rate — though some providers specialize in covering drivers with poor credit.
Finally, they assess any other drivers you expect to get behind the wheel. If your car will be driven by teenagers or people prone to speeding, expect a higher premium.
Does the Audi RS3 qualify for discounts?
Yes. Driver discounts aside, your provider may offer:
- New car discount
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Automatic lights and wipers discount
These discounts can cut the cost of your premium by 5% to 30%, depending on your provider.
Reliability and safety ratings for the Audi RS3
The 2018 Audi RS3 hasn’t undergone crash testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). It isn’t yet rated by U.S. News or JD Power because it’s only just rolling out in US showrooms.
While it hasn’t been officially tested, safety ratings are stellar for the rest of the new Audi fleet. Almost all of the 2018 Audi models rated by the NHTSA earned five stars overall for safety.
The RS3 is equipped with excellent safety features like a power central locking system, a tire pressure monitoring system and an antilock braking system (ABS) with brake assist and electronic brake pressure distribution. It also has multiple front and side airbags, electronic stability control and an electromechanical parking brake. Families with small children will like lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH) in the rear seats.
The NHTSA records two complaints about the model, one about the struggle to manoeuver a booster seat in the back. Other reviewers say it’s a tight squeeze, especially for adults in the rear seats and drivers who need to push their seat forward to accommodate them. Meanwhile, the Audi RS3 has had no recalls.
In terms of fuel, the sedan’s tank size is 14.5 gallons. According to Fuel Economy, the average annual fuel cost for driving the RS3 is $2,350 per year. That number reflects the current fuel prices of $50 to fill the tank and a mix of 45% highway and 55% city driving over 15,000 miles. Fuel Economy estimates that you’ll pay $4,000 more in fuel costs over five years compared to the average new vehicle.
The 2018 Audi RS3 was specifically designed for the US market
In the past, the Audi RS3 has been forbidden fruit for Americans. Car enthusiasts knew all about it, but the last two editions didn’t reach our shores.
The 2018 model skirted the trend. The sedan was developed specifically for the US market and caters to our roads, driving conditions and design preferences.
Compare Audi RS3 competitors
Not set on an Audi RS3? Find similar makes and models.
While the Audi RS3 is a sedan, it’s a high-end, high-performance car. That power, combined with its flashy design details, attracts car enthusiasts. In turn, insurers consider it risky to insure, which is why they tend to charge higher premiums than for other sedans.
To get the best value for your money, compare car insurance providers to find one that meets your needs and budget.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi RS3
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out:
Ask an Expert