Average insurance cost of an Acura
The average cost of insurance for an Acura is $166 per month or $1,992 a year. That’s right around the average insurance rate for most cars, making Acura one of the cheapest luxury car brands for insurance rates. Your exact cost will vary depending on multiple factors, including your location, your driving history, the model Acura you are purchasing and your age, among other factors.
- Pay by miles driven
- Low base rates
- Drive less, pay less
Our top pick: Metromile
Only pay for how much you drive with the Metromile app. Get rates from $29/month plus pennies per mile.
- Rates from $29/month plus pennies per mile
- Low-mileage drivers could save $611/year
- All miles over 250 a day are free
- Easy app and online claims plus 24/7 support
Find rates for your Acura model
Get car insurance quotes for your Acura
Why are Acuras affordable luxury cars to insure?
Acura is Honda’s luxury line of vehicles. But despite it being a luxury brand, Acuras aren’t typically too expensive to insure.
Acuras are safe, reliable cars that often rate well with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which makes them more affordable to insure. They’re also on the lower price range of luxury cars, which means repairs are cheaper too.
Acura car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Are there any standout Acura models?
Acura also makes the NSX, which is a sports car that’s on par with Ferrari for both road performance and maintenance/repair costs — so the NSX is going to lend itself to higher insurance rates too, even though it’s an Acura.
Sports cars in general tend to be driven aggressively, putting them at a higher risk for accidents. Additionally, they tend to cost far more to maintain and repair than lower-end models from Acura, which raises the amount of the average insurance claim for people who drive the NSX.
Pros and cons of insuring an Acura
- Acura’s advanced safety features make it a safer car to drive and less expensive to insure
- Most Acuras are engineered and manufactured in the US, which contributes to a lower insurance premium
- The reliability of Acuras will help to bring down your insurance costs
- Considered a luxury vehicle, which are more expensive to insure
Acura car facts
- Launched in the US in 1986, Acura is the luxury marque of Honda.
- Acura was the first luxury car brand to be awarded top safety ratings throughout the entire model line.
- The first Japanese luxury car brand, Acura’s success inspired other Japanese automakers Nissan and Toyota to also launch luxury brands.
- Prices start at $28,000 and can go up to $156,000.
- Approximately 154,602 Acura cars were sold in 2017.
AcuraWatch is a suite of safety and driver assistance technologies, including a collision mitigation braking system, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist and road departure mitigation. These features help to make your Acura as safe as possible.
AcuraWatch comes standard in every grade of MDX, Acura’s third-row SUV. Other Acura models can upgrade to the AcuraWatch Pus package for an additional cost. You can expect to pay $1,300+ depending on your model.
Most Acuras are not particularly expensive to insure because of their great safety features. But be sure to shop around to find the best car insurance for you.
Frequently asked questions about Acura cars
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out: