- $0 stock, option and ETF trading
- Free robo-advisor and CFP planning sessions
- Get up to $1,000 in stock when you fund a new account within 30 days
Little information has emerged regarding a potential TikTok IPO since the possibility was first floated back in 2020. In July 2023, Reuters reported that TikTok parent company, ByteDance, would allow shares owned by U.S. employees to vest without waiting for the company to list in the stock market. This suggests that ByteDance is in no rush to go public, which may also damper any IPO plans for TikTok. You can follow news on a ByteDance IPO here.
What we know about the TikTok IPO
TikTok is expected to go public, although it has not yet filed a viewable registration document with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
The exact IPO date has not been announced. There's no news yet about how much the stock will cost when it goes public. We'll update this page with more information as it becomes available.
How to buy TikTok stock when it starts trading
Once TikTok goes public, you'll need a brokerage account to invest. Consider opening a brokerage account today so you're ready as soon as the stock hits the market.
- Compare share trading platforms. Use our comparison table to help you find a platform that fits you.
- Open your brokerage account. Complete an application with your details.
- Confirm your payment details. Fund your account.
- Research the stock. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol and research it before deciding if it's a good investment for you.
- Purchase now or later. Buy your desired number of shares with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until the stock reaches a desired price.
Finder's picks for buying TikTok stock when it goes public
- Close stock and ETF options trades for $0
- Trading courses to learn options trading
- Get $100-$5,000 when you open and fund an account with $5,000 to $1,000,000+
- $0 stock, option and ETF trades
- Innovative social trading features
- FINDER EXCLUSIVE: Get a $25 bonus when you sign up and deposit $100
How do similar companies perform?
It's impossible to predict how any stock will perform — and IPOs can be particularly volatile. Looking at the performance of similar companies can help you decide if now is a good time to buy TikTok stock.See how the following stocks are performing, and view details like market capitalization, the price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, price/earnings-to-growth (PEG) ratio and dividend yield.
Compare trading platformsCompare special offers, low fees and a wide range of types of investments among top trading platforms.
Paid non-client promotion. Finder does not invest money with providers on this page. If a brand is a referral partner, we're paid when you click or tap through to, open an account with or provide your contact information to the provider. Partnerships are not a recommendation for you to invest with any one company. Learn more about how we make money.
Finder is not an adviser or brokerage service. Information on this page is for educational purposes only and not a recommendation to invest with any one company, trade specific stocks or fund specific investments. All editorial opinions are our own.
More on investing
Looking to invest in tech? Here’s how to buy shares in the major tech companies, known as FAANG stocks.Read more…
A simple guide to buying stocks in your favorite European soccer team.Read more…
Here are the stocks that benefit from inflation, as well as industries to keep an eye on to reduce the impacts of inflation on your portfolio.Read more…
More guides on Finder
How to buy Discord stock when it goes public
Everything we know about the Discord IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Floor-and-Decor stock
Steps to owning and managing FND, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Southwest Gas stock
Steps to owning and managing SWX, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Chime stock when it goes public
Everything we know about the Chime IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Key Energy Services stock
Steps to owning and managing KEG, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy McDermott International stock
Steps to owning and managing MDR, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Gen Digital stock
Steps to owning and managing GEN, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Grail (GRAL) stock when it goes public
Everything we know about the Grail IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Harley-Davidson stock
Steps to owning and managing HOG, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to invest in Energy Transfer
Steps to owning and managing ET, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
Ask an Expert