|Available asset types||Stocks, Options, ETFs|
|Stock trade fee||$0|
|Option trade fee||$0|
This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
How to buy JD Digits stock when it goes public
Here's everything we know so far about the JD Digits IPO.
JD Digits stock is not yet available to purchase on any exchange. But it's expected to go public soon. Here's what we know — and how to buy in when it launches.
What we know about the JD Digits IPO
There's speculation that digital technology company JD Digits is planning an IPO on Shanghai's STAR Market.
While the IPO is expected to happen in 2020, it's too early to tell if the suspension of Ant Group's IPO will affect investor appetite or the timeline for th JD Digits IPO. While JD Digits is a much smaller company, with an expected valuation just below USD$3 billion, the two companies are competitors and the IPOs have been closely compared in the media.
When the IPO does move forward, US investors will need an international brokerage account with access to Shanghai stocks, like Moomoo or Interactive Brokers, to buy in.
How to buy shares in JD Digits when it goes public
Once JD Digits goes public, you'll need a brokerage account to invest. Consider opening a brokerage account today so you're ready as soon as the stock hits the market.
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Narrow down top brands with our comparison table.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for JD Digits. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy immediately with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until JD Digits reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimize risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of JD Digits, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of JD Digits. Optimize your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How do similar companies perform?
It's impossible to predict how any stock will perform — and IPOs can be particularly volatile. But evaluating the performance of companies like JD Digits can be useful in determining how the market is performing and whether now is a good time to invest in this industry. Select a company to learn more about what they do and how their stock performs, including market capitalization, the price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, price/earnings-to-growth (PEG) ratio and dividend yield. While this list includes a selection of the most well-known and popular stocks, it doesn't include every stock available.
The value of any investment can go up or down depending on news, trends and market conditions. We are not investment advisers, so do your own due diligence to understand the risks before you invest.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Hertz Global stock | $2.27
Steps to owning and managing HTZ, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Helen of Troy stock | $211.57
Steps to owning and managing HELE, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Hawaiian Electric Industries stock | $35.92
Steps to owning and managing HE, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Glaukos Corporation stock | $70.23
Steps to owning and managing GKOS, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Eyenovia stock | $3.87
Steps to owning and managing EYEN, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Exact Sciences Corporation stock | $132.87
Steps to owning and managing EXAS, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Evofem Biosciences stock | $2.22
Steps to owning and managing EVFM, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Everspin Technologies stock | $5.3
Steps to owning and managing MRAM, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Equinor ASA stock | $16.73
Steps to owning and managing EQNR, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Electrameccanica Vehicles stock | $6.85
Steps to owning and managing SOLO, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
Ask an Expert