Some lenders fund loans quickly and have easy requirements, but make sure you can afford the high charges.
You may be looking at the turnaround time, eligibility requirements and online reputation of a lender before you make your decision. Find out which provider could be the best for you and how much cash you could get.
- Bad credit is OK
- No application fee
- Debt education resources
CashUSA Installment Loans
A connection service for quick cash loans up to $10,000.
- Minimum loan amount: $500
- Maximum loan amount: $10,000
- Turnaround time: As early as 1 business day
- Loan term: 90 days to 72 months
- Must have a monthly income of $1,000+ after taxes and valid checking account.
3 best short-term loans
|Lender||Why is it the best?||What you’ll need to apply||Max Loan Amount|
|Check into Cash Payday Loan||Plus, get access to check cashing, cell phone top ups, bill pay and more at one of its many storefronts.||Bank account, email address, phone number, US citizen or permanent resident, ages 21+||$1,000|
|CashNetUSA Loan||Sign up for its discount program to get access to coupons and deals on everything from dining out to tax services.||Regular source of income, bank account, US citizen or permanent resident, ages 18+||Varies by state|
|CashUSA Installment Loans||Explore its online education center to get tips on budgeting, how to prioritize your bills and more.||$1,000+ monthly income after taxes, valid checking account||$10,000|
How did we choose these products?
As many states move to tighten laws on short-term lending, we checked each lender’s legitimacy, business practices and website security. We also weighed borrower reviews on the Better Business Bureau and Trustpilot.
We then analyzed and compared each lender’s maximum loan amounts, APRs and funding speed. And because some lenders are moving from payday loans to installment loans, we paid extra attention to lenders and connection services that offered both options so you can compare loans more easily.
What features make a short-term loan the best for you?
Here are some simple questions you should ask yourself while searching for a short-term loan:
- Do you prefer a secured loan? Finding a short-term loan that doesn’t require any form of collateral shouldn’t be difficult, but some short-term loan providers might want you to provide collateral in the form of your car’s title.
- Is there a store network and online presence? Any lender that calls itself the best short-term loan company should offer you convenience when it comes to borrowing. This may mean they have a wide network of stores across the country or that they let you apply for and manage your loan online.
- How long does it take to process the loan? Some of the best short-term loans ensure that you have access to the approved funds the following business day. A limited number of lenders provide prepaid debit card loans which can give you access to funds quickly after approval by transferring the amount to your eligible card. You can then use the money anytime and anywhere.
- Are you aware of all the fees? While some of the best short-term loans provide quick access to funds, take the time to find out just how much you’ll have to pay in the form of fees. The best short-term loan company in this regard is the one that charges the lowest fees. Remember how much you borrow affects how much you have to pay.
- Does the lender accept bad credit applications? If you’re looking for the best bad credit short-term loan, take into account that most short-term lenders accept applications from individuals who don’t have good credit history. If the lender you’re looking at requires good credit history and you aren’t eligible, simply move on to the next.
Compare even more short-term loan options
What are the pros and cons of short-term loans?
- You can get your money quickly. You could get your money immediately after approval if you apply in-store. Most online lenders can transfer approved funds to your bank account quickly, sometimes as soon as the next business day.
- Freedom to use the money as you like. You apply for a short-term loan no matter what reason you need the money.
- Bad credit is OK. short-term loan providers will accept applications from people with poor credit histories, but make sure you compare other aspects when looking for the best bad credit short-term loan.
- Higher than normal fees. Even the best short-term loan company will charge fees for providing loans, and short-term loans tend to attract higher fees in comparison to conventional loans. A general rule of thumb is that the more you borrow, the more you pay in the form of fees.
- Disreputable lenders. If a short-term lender sounds great and is offering rates too good to be true, be sure to find out if they are. Ensure the lender complies with all relevant state regulations and that they are operating legally.
- Not always available. Some states don’t allow short-term loans. If you live in one of them, look into installment loans or personal loans instead.
Watch out for overborrowing
Before you apply, ensure that you won’t have any problems in repaying the loan. If you think you might have trouble, don’t take out the loan. Late or missed payments come with increased fees, charges and interest rates on top of negatively impacting your credit. Always work the repayment schedule into your budget, and the best loans will remain the best.
Know that even the best short-term loans can end up costing much more than originally anticipated, especially if you don’t repay your loan on time.
Bear in mind that while the best short-term loans will give you quick access to the money you need, there are a number of good short-term loan providers vying for your attention, so compare all your options before applying.
Are payday loans available in my state?
Frequently asked questions
We understand that you may be cautious when applying for short-term loans. Here are some of the frequent questions our users have asked.