BankPurely CheckingPurely account review
This interest checking account plants a tree for every new account — but it’s not currently accepting applications.
The BankPurely CheckingPurely account offers no monthly fees and 0.25% APY so you can keep more money in your pocket. But BankPurely isn’t accepting new applications for its CheckingPurely account at the moment.
$0 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Kimberly Ellis is a writer at Finder. She hails from New York City with a BA from Queens College and a New York State teaching certificate. After teaching in both public and private schools, Kimberly decided to take the world by storm and dive into the media industry — where she covers everything from home loans and investing to K–12 education and shopping. She’s also an aspiring polyglot, always in a book and forever on the hunt for the perfect classic red lipstick.
The BankPurely CheckingPurely account is an environmentally friendly option for an online checking account that earns interest. We love that it plants a tree for every new account and tries to minimize its carbon footprint with electronic statements and online banking. Plus, you won’t have to worry about paying a fee each month and you’ll earn a decent rate at 0.25% APY.
But BankPurely is not currently accepting new applicants for its BankPurely CheckingPurely account. If you want a socially responsible bank account, continue comparing your options.
How do I open a BankPurely CheckingPurely account?BankPurely is not currently accepting applications for checking, savings or money market accounts.
To obtain a BankPurely CheckingPurely account, you’ll generally need to meet these requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- US citizen or resident
BankPurely verifies your identity before opening an account. You’ll need to submit your:
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license or other government-issued ID
- Social Security number
What are the benefits of a BankPurely CheckingPurely account?
Some stellar features of a BankPurely CheckingPurely account include:
- No maintenance fee. BankPurely doesn’t charge a monthly account servicing fee.
- Decent interest rate. While BankPurely’s 0.25% APY isn’t the highest rate we’ve seen on an interest checking account, it’s still higher than the national average.
- Environmentally conscious. BankPurely partners with nonprofits to plant a tree for every new account.
What to watch out for?
These limitations may hold you back:
- No new applicants. BankPurely is not currently taking any new applicants for its BankPurely CheckingPurely account.
- No cash deposits or paper checks. Like most online-only banks, you can’t fund your account with cash. Plus, BankPurely is an entirely paperless, checkless bank. You can use its Online Bill Pay service to pay bills, its mobile app to remotely deposit checks and Zelle to pay individuals.
- Minimum opening deposit. BankPurely has a $100 minimum to open its BankPurely CheckingPurely account.
- Dated website. For an online-only bank, BankPurely‘s website is limited and you can’t live chat with customer service.
BankPurely‘s ATM network and feesBankPurely participates in the Allpoint Network, with over 55,000 free ATMs worldwide. If you use a non-network domestic ATM, BankPurely won’t charge a fee, but the ATM owner may. Out-of-network international ATM transactions cost $3.
Since BankPurely is a division of Flushing Bank, you can also use a Flushing Bank ATM for free.
Compare BankPurely CheckingPurely with other checking accounts
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?BankPurely offers a few different ways to fund and withdraw money from your BankPurely CheckingPurely account.
- Direct deposit
- Electronic funds transfer
- Check via mobile deposit
- Cash withdrawal at an ATM
- External bank transfer
- Online bill pay