We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Navy Federal Credit Union’s suite of accounts
This credit union offers daily dividends and fee-free accounts to service members and their families.
An extensive product suite and account dividends help distinguish NNavy Federal Credit Union‘s offerings. But eligibility is limited to military service members and its branch network is only available in some states.
What banking products does Navy Federal Credit Union
Why should I open an account at Navy Federal Credit Union?
Opt for this provider to access the following perks:
- No-fee checking. Almost all of Navy Federal’s personal checking accounts offer ATM-fee rebates and charge no monthly maintenance fees.
- Comprehensive selection. From money market accounts to personal loans, Navy Federal’s product suite is substantial.
- Earns dividends. Since Navy Federal is a member-owned credit union, many of its financial products earn daily dividends.
- Mobile banking. Bank on the go with Navy Federal’s free mobile app for Apple, Android and Kindle Fire devices.
What should I look out for?
Before you apply, consider the following:
- Limited eligibility. Navy Federal Credit Union‘s products are restricted to US military service members, veterans, Department of Defense civilians and their families.
- Poor online reviews. Navy Federal is not accredited, has a Trustpilot TrustScore of 2.6 out of 5 and a Better Business Bureau rating of 1 out of 5 stars based on 61 customer reviews.
- Limited branch network. Navy Federal’s branch network doesn’t include Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
- Improper debt collection. In 2016, Navy Federal Credit Union was ordered by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to pay $28.5 million for debt collection misconduct, including making false threats and restricting account access for its members.
Compare with leading bank and credit union accounts
Navy Federal Credit Union customer service
Connect with Navy Federal in one of five ways:
- Phone. Access member and account service 24/7 by calling 888-842-6328.
- Mail. Send a query by mail to Navy Federal, PO Box 3000, Merrifield, VA, 22119-3000.
- Live chat. Chat with a Navy Federal rep in real time, Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., EST.
- In person. Visit your local Navy Federal Credit Union branch.
- Social media. Raise a question or share feedback with Navy Federal on Facebook or Twitter.
Bottom lineNavy Federal Credit Union has a comprehensive suite of consumer and business banking products to choose from with accounts that pay dividends and round-the-clock customer support. But its eligibility is limited to military service members and its online reputation isn’t favorable.
Review your account options with additional providers to find an institution that meets your financial needs.