We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Ally Bank vs. Chase Bank mortgages
Both Ally and Chase are big names in the banking industry, but buyers should consider major differences between the two when choosing mortgage services.
How do Ally and Chase Bank compare?
- Choose this lender for clear time estimates
- Not ideal if you’re looking for in-person support
- A good option for first-time homebuyers
- Choose this lender for great in-person help at branches in 22 states
- Watch out for frustrating customer service online and over the phone
- A good option for borrowers who want a mortgage from a well-known bank.
- Home Equity
- Home Equity
Neither of these seems the right fit?
Minimum credit score
Not available in: HI
Available in all states
- Clear application timeline
- Customer discounts available
- Guides and resources available
- Flexible application process
- Online tracking
- Other banking products
- Member discounts
- No government-backed loans
- No branch locations
- No home equity line of credit (HELOC) options
- Multiple fees
- Requires fair to excellent credit
- Limited branches for in-person service
Compare other mortgage lenders
Ask an Expert