Trade with confidence using industry-leading investment research.Zacks Trade provides tools like market scanners, volatility tests and basket traders for analytical trading. Its low costs and global capabilities make it easy to trade on 19 international exchanges.
|Minimum deposit to open||$2,500|
|Available asset types||Stocks|
|Stock trade fee||$0.01 per share|
|Option trade fee||$3 + $0.75/contract|
|Mutual fund trade fee||$27.50|
|Account transfer fee||$0|
Who is Zacks Trade best for?Zacks Trade puts the power of trading in your hands. Its platform empowers traders of all skill levels to pursue their investment goals:
- Long-term investors. Professional tools and expert analysis on earnings estimates allow long-term investors to make informed decisions on trades.
- Tech-savvy investors. Zacks Trade has powerful platforms and tools that are packed with features for experienced investors.
- Day traders. Low fees, global trading and multiple platforms allow day traders to work from home, at the office or on the go.
What are the benefits of Zacks Trade?
Like many other online trading platforms, Zacks Trade allows users to easily make trades and manage portfolios from any computer. It also offers these benefits:
- Low fees. Zacks Trade offers stock trades that start at $3, options for plus $0.75 per contract and a margin rate of 5.7% or lower depending on your balance.
- Multiple platforms. Make trades from anywhere with computer, tablet and mobile phone platforms.
- Account options. Open an individual, joint or retirement account, a trust fund, multiple funds and more.
- Global markets. Zacks Trade allows clients from over 200 countries to trade on 19 exchanges, all from a single account.
- Expert analysis. Zacks Trade uses an analytical approach to predict stock movements and offers access to an abundance of market research resources to help you succeed.
- Wide selection of securities. Gain access to a wide range of stocks, ETFs, mutual funds and more.
- Customizable workspace. For more advanced traders, Zacks Trade Pro can be customized to show different tools, data, indicators and more.
What to watch out for
While Zacks Trade‘s low fees and powerful platform make it stand out from the competition, there are still a few things to look out for:
- Data and research fees. Unlike some other online trading platforms, you’re charged between $1 and $70 monthly for supplemental data and research.
- Minimum balance. To use Zacks Trade, you’ll need to open an account with at least $2,500.
- Clunky UI. Some customers and reviewers are unhappy with the outdated and clunky-feeling UI.
- Mutual fund fees. If you want to use Zacks Trade for buying or selling mutual funds, you’ll be charged $27.50 per transaction.
Compare with other stock trading platforms
What do others say about Zacks Trade?
As of December 2018, Zacks Trade holds an A+ BBB rating alongside an official accreditation which it earned in 2012. In general, it has a good reputation for its powerful platforms and in-depth stock analysis. Some customers complain about signing up for a free trial and being charged after the trial period expired.Zacks Trade was established in 2014 by the same founder as North America’s second-largest equity research firm, Zacks Investment Research. While ZIR is a separate company, Zacks Trade users get access to its insights and resources, which can help traders make more informed decisions.
How do I get started?
To start trading, you can sign up online or through the mobile app:
- Visit the Zacks Trade website.
- Click Open an Account.
- Fill in your first and last name, email and phone number. Click Submit.
- Choose the type of account you’re interested in opening and click Continue.
- Enter your email address, then choose a username and password.
- Verify your email, then login to your account to set up and fund your portfolio.
- Visit your phone’s app store and download the Zacks mobile app.
- Click Sign up and proceed through each step as you would on the desktop application.
- Verify your account and log in to set up and fund your portfolio.
To open a Zacks Trade account, you’ll need to meet a few eligibility requirements:
- 100 trades and at least two years of trading experience.
- A minimum income of $40,000.
- Liquid net worth of $20,000.
- Valid Social Security number or tax ID number.
- Reside in one of the 100+ approved countries.
- $2,500 deposit ($200 for margin accounts).
Regardless of how you choose to apply, you’ll be asked for the following information:
- First and last name.
- Address, phone number and email.
- Social Security number or tax ID number.
- Proof of income or net worth.
- Investment experience.
How do I contact Zacks Trade customer service?
If you have a question or want to get in touch with customer service, there are a few ways you can do so:
- By phone: 888-979-2257, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET
- Email: email@example.com
- Live chat: Click the orange icon on the bottom right
I’ve made my first trade with Zacks Trade. Now what?
Once you’ve opened and funded your Zacks Trade account, you’re just about ready to trade. And while there aren’t any minimum balance requirements or inactivity fees, there are a handful of ways you can get the most out of your account:
- Manage your portfolio. Visit your dashboard to make additional trades, confirm or track transactions and more.
- Research. As a Zacks Trade member, you have access to over 100 resources to help improve your trading.
- Understand tax implications. Look into your state’s tax implications and recordkeeping requirements so you’re not under pressure when it comes time to file your taxes.
- Customize your dashboard. If you’re a Zacks Trade Pro member, you can customize your dashboard to suit your trading style and investment goals.
- Try the mobile app. Download the mobile app to get access to Zacks Trade platforms while you’re on the go.
Bottom lineZacks Trade allows you to customize your dashboard, trade on over 19 international exchanges and more, all with lower fees than many of its competitors.
However, it’s a fairly technical trading platform and requires at least two years of trading experience, so it may not be the best option for new traders. Compare your options to find an online trading platform that suits your needs.