RBS credit card points
All you need to know about the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) MyRewards scheme, including how to earn points on your credit card, where to redeem and other benefits.
RBS runs a scheme called MyRewards through its rewards current accounts and rewards credit cards. You can collect points which can be redeemed for cashback, vouchers or gift cards for partner retailers or charitable donations. This scheme was formerly known as Cashback Plus.
5 rewards points are worth £5.
How do you earn RBS MyRewards?
There are 3 ways you can earn rewards:
- Earn £4 in Rewards a month. When you set up 2 Direct Debits from your Reward account.
- Earn £1 in Rewards a month. When you login to your banking app once a month.
- Earn between 1-15% in Rewards. Use your card to spend at our partner retailers.
How do you redeem RBS MyRewards?
You can choose to redeem your MyReward points as cash back in your bank account or gift cards to spend at an eligible partner retailer.
Your points can be worth even more with the “trade up” rewards feature, offered from time to time for specific partner retailers. For example, £10 worth of MyRewards could be exchanged for a £15 voucher for a particular partner retailer.
Alternatively, you may wish to donate your points to a chosen charity.
Pros and cons
- Big redeem potential through MyReward “trade up”.
- Charitable donations option.
- Depending on the card you choose, you may be able to take advantage of 0% fees on foreign transactions
- Flexible – choose between cash back, vouchers or donations.
- Annual fee (although this is refunded if you also have an RBS Rewards current account).
- Expiry date on vouchers.
- Relatively high interest rates.
Compare credit cards that earn RBS reward points
RBS retailer partners for earning and redeeming points
More guides on Finder
RBS Purchase & Balance Transfer Credit Card review 2024
With one of the most generous 0% transfer periods on the market, the RBS Longer Balance Transfer card does exactly what it says on the tin.
RBS Balance Transfer Credit Card review 2024
If you already bank with RBS but have card debt elsewhere, this deal lets you transfer the balance to RBS and enjoy a long interest-free period.
The Royal Bank Credit Card review 2024
Enjoy low ongoing interest rates and no annual fees or foreign transaction fees with this straightforward RBS card.
RBS Reward Black Credit Card review 2024
The Reward Black Card offers fee-free overseas spending and earns points that can be exchanged for cash, vouchers or charitable donations.
RBS Reward Credit Card review 2024
Find out where you’ll earn cashback and how much you could pocket with this rewards card rom RBS.