Whether you’re improving your home or consolidating debt, United Trust Bank could help with a secured loan. United Trust Bank doesn’t provide secured loans directly to consumers, so you will need to apply through one of its brokers (the broker will receive a fee).
Compare United Trust loans
If you borrowed £41,000.00 over a 14-year term at 8.89% p.a. (variable), you would make 168 monthly payments of £479.45 and pay £80,547.60 overall, which includes interest of £34,557.60, a broker fee of £3,995.00 and a lender fee of £995.00. The overall cost for comparison is 11.6% APRC representative.
What's in this guide?
What is United Trust Bank?
Incorporated in 1955, United Trust Bank is a specialist secured lending bank. As well as providing homeowner loans, it offers a range of other products through its network of brokers. These products include bridging finance, professional loans and asset finance.
What are second-charge mortgages and a mini-mortgages?
- Second-charge mortgage. These are designed for customers who wish to raise additional funds secured on their home while leaving the existing first-charge mortgage on their home untouched.
- Mini-mortgage. This would suit customers who want to release equity in their home at an amount that typically falls below the minimum for a standard mortgage.
Key features of a United Trust Bank homeowner loan at a glance
United Trust Bank provides second-charge and “mini-mortgages” to UK homeowners. This is a type of loan that is secured against your property.
- Borrow . United Trust Bank will lend up to 85% of the value of your property, less the outstanding mortgage. There are no restrictions on this percentage for listed properties, ex-council properties or high-rise flats.
- Repay over . Your repayment term will depend on your individual needs and circumstances as well as your credit score.
- Competitive fixed or variable rates. Interest rates can be fixed for a set term to help you budget for the repayments.
- Security. Your home will be used as security on your loan. Missing repayments will put your home at risk, so always ensure that you can afford the loan you are asking for before you apply.
- Early repayment. United Trust Bank allows you to repay your loan early without a penalty. You can also make unlimited overpayments on your loan, which would save you money in interest.
Am I eligible for a United Trust Bank secured loan?
You should only apply for a United Trust Bank secured loan if you are certain you can meet the repayment terms. You must also:
- Be a homeowner
- Live in England, Scotland or Wales
- Be aged over 18
- Be employed, self-employed or have a retirement income
How can I apply?
To obtain a secured loan from United Trust Bank, you will need to apply through one of its brokers. The broker will perform a credit check on the details you provide and assess your affordability before a decision is made on your loan.
Before taking out a homeowner loan, you should consider all of your options carefully. Other ways of borrowing large sums include:
- Remortgaging. Remortgaging is when you switch to a new mortgage, with the same or a new lender. In the process you can renegotiate the loan – potentially releasing equity.
- Unsecured personal loans. If you have excellent credit and would be able to afford it, most lenders offering unsecured loans will stretch to £25,000, or in some cases £30,000. Some big high-street banks will go up to £50,000 for existing customers, but again, you’ll need to get through the affordability and credit checks.
- Car finance. If you need money to buy a new vehicle, there are a wide range of car finance options you could consider.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
List of UK secured loan lenders and providers A comprehensive list of secured loan lenders in the UK.
Clearly Loans homeowner loans Clearly Loans offers secured loans through its network of brokers, to UK homeowners with an existing mortgage.
Long term loans Long term loans can help lower your loan repayments, even if you have bad credit. Compare your options now.
Secured debt consolidation loans A secured loan can help you consolidate your existing debt by offering lower rates and more flexible loan terms.
Short term secured loans Short term secured loans let you borrow up to £2.5 million with more competitive rates, but also help to keep your overall interest costs down.
Fast secured loans Find out how fast you can get approved for a secured loan, and compare a range of secured loan quotes now.
How to get a secured loan Here's our step-by-step guide on getting a secured loan. Find out how to apply today.
Secured home improvement loans A secured loan can help fund any home improvements you have planned. See how it works here.
Best secured loans See how to get the best secured loan and compare a range of secured loan quotes now.
Debt consolidation loans for bad credit You can use a debt consolidation loan to make it easier to manage your existing debts and improve your credit score.