If you borrowed £46,000 over a 15-year term at 8.40% p.a. (variable), you would make 180 monthly payments of £499.13 and pay £89,843.40 overall, which includes interest of £38,853.40, a broker fee of £3,995 and a lender fee of £995. The overall cost for comparison is 10.7% APRC representative.
Evolution Money offers secured loans, also known as “homeowner loans” or “second-charge mortgages”, to UK homeowners. Just like your first-charge mortgage, its loans use your home as security.
Unlocking the equity in your home can help you to access better rates or simply provide lenders with the extra reassurance they need to say “yes” to your application. But because the loans available will be secured against your home, it’s crucial to think carefully before proceeding.
While many secured loan lenders automate their decisions on your credit score and the amount of equity in your home, Evolution Money says it will consider more than just your credit history and will take into account your unique circumstances. In fact, it specialises in offering secured loans to customers who have experienced financial difficulties in the past.
Evolution Money loans at a glance
- Borrow over .
- Poor credit scores and negative equity considered.
- A “lending fee” and a “product fee” will apply.
- Your home will be used as security on your loan. Missing repayments will put your property at risk.
- You’ll have the option to overpay and make a lump sum payment (which will reduce the interest you’ll pay).
Am I eligible for an Evolution Money secured loan?
You should only apply for an Evolution Money secured loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms. You must also meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 18–70.
- Be a homeowner or mortgage holder.
- Live in the UK.
- Be able to afford the repayments comfortably from your normal income.
How do I apply?
- Use the loan calculator on the homepage to give you an idea of your monthly repayments, depending on the amount and duration of the loan you want.
- You can either call the Evolution Money phone line to talk to an adviser or request a callback using the form on the website.
- A dedicated personal account manager will talk through your financial situation and needs. They’ll then give you a quote that’s based on your personal circumstances, not just your credit score.
- If you’re happy with your quote, Evolution Money will send you an application pack with the documents you need to complete your application.
- You’ll then have a seven-day “consideration period” to review the terms of the loan, without being contacted by Evolution (you can obviously contact Evolution, if you wish to).
- You’ll then be sent a credit agreement to sign and return.
- Evolution Money will call to confirm all the details, then your loan will be processed and the money paid into your bank account.
- You’ll then make monthly repayments by direct debit.
Overview of Evolution Money secured loans
|Loan amounts||From £35,000 to £100,000|
|Age||From 18 to 70 years|
|Term||From 3 to 20 years|
|Maximum LTV||Up to 95%|
|Representative APRC||Up to 20.8%|
|Lender fee||from £299|
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Interest inequality: Major UK banks lag behind global savings rates
Finder collaborated with the smart money app, Plum, to compare how easy access savings rates around the world compared with the local base rate.
How to buy OpenAI shares when it goes public
Everything we know about the OpenAI IPO, plus information on how to buy shares.
7 simple ways to boost your savings
Many households in the UK are struggling to save, so Finder’s experts have put together these tips to help you boost your savings.
Autumn Statement 2023: What it means for you
Finder’s experts explain the impact of the changes your finances.
How to open a business bank account in the UK
Discover how to open a business bank account in the UK, from the documents you’ll need to whether you’re eligible for a business bank account, we’ve got it covered.
Global savings: Comparing interest rates across countries
We looked at how global savings interest rates fared against the UK base rate in 10 countries around the world.
Your survival guide to the Black Friday sales 2023
Learn Finder’s 7 tips for how to play the sales and win. Plus, our video reveals the discounts we expect to see from top brands this year.
How to invest in mutual funds
Looking to diversify your investment portfolio? Mutual funds could be a good addition. Here’s how they work.
Financial stress and mental health statistics UK
7 in 10 Brits (70%) have experienced financial stress, so we look at the latest statistics to see the impact money has on our mental health.