Evolution Money secured loans
Evolution Money offers secured loans of £1,000 to £500,000 to UK homeowners with flexible repayment terms of up to 25 years. Evolution Money will even consider you for a loan if you have negative equity issues or a poor credit score.
Evolution Money and its sister company Progressive Money are part of the Manchester-based Darwin Group. Launched in 2011, Evolution Money is actually a broker (rather than a direct lender) which specialises in providing secured loans to customers who may be unable to borrow from mainstream providers because of a bad credit history. In 2017 the lender came 28th in the Sunday Times’ “Top 100 Fastest Growing UK Companies”.
Compare Evolution Money loans
If you borrowed £37,000 over a 14-year term at 8.76% p.a. (variable), you would make 168 monthly payments of £431.53 and pay £72,497.04 overall, which includes interest of £30,802.04, a broker fee of £3,700.00 and a lender fee of £995.00. The overall cost for comparison is 11.5% APRC representative.
Evolution Money offers secured loans, also known as “homeowner loans” or “second-charge mortgages”, to UK homeowners. Just like your first-charge mortgage, its loans use your home as security.
Unlocking the equity in your home can help you to access better rates or simply provide lenders with the extra reassurance they need to say “yes” to your application. But because the loans available will be secured against your home, it’s crucial to think carefully before proceeding.
While many secured loan lenders automate their decisions on your credit score and the amount of equity in your home, Evolution Money says it will consider more than just your credit history and will take into account your unique circumstances. In fact, it specialises in offering secured loans to customers who have experienced financial difficulties in the past.
Evolution Money loans at a glance.
- Borrow £1,000 to £500,000 over 1 to 25 years.
- Poor credit scores and negative equity considered.
- A “lending fee” and a “product fee” will apply.
- Your home will be used as security on your loan. Missing repayments will put your property at risk.
- You’ll have the option to overpay and make a lump sum payment (which will reduce the interest you’ll pay).
Am I eligible for an Evolution Money secured loan?
You should only apply for an Evolution Money secured loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms. You must also meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 18–70.
- Be a homeowner or mortgage holder.
- Live in the UK.
- Be able to afford the repayments comfortably from your normal income.
How do I apply?
- Use the loan calculator on the homepage to give you an idea of your monthly repayments, depending on the amount and duration of the loan you want.
- You can either call the Evolution Money phone line to talk to an adviser or request a callback using the form on the website.
- A dedicated personal account manager will talk through your financial situation and needs. They’ll then give you a quote that’s based on your personal circumstances, not just your credit score.
- If you’re happy with your quote, Evolution Money will send you an application pack with the documents you need to complete your application.
- You’ll then have a seven-day “consideration period” to review the terms of the loan, without being contacted by Evolution (you can obviously contact Evolution, if you wish to).
- You’ll then be sent a credit agreement to sign and return.
- Evolution Money will call to confirm all the details, then your loan will be processed and the money paid into your bank account.
- You’ll then make monthly repayments by direct debit.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Loan Logics homeowner loans review Loan Logics offers secured loans for homeowners from £3,000 to £70,000. Get rates now.
Equifinance homeowner loans Equifinance helps homeowners use the equity in their property as security for loans. Find out how other lenders compare.
List of UK secured loan lenders and providers A comprehensive list of secured loan lenders in the UK.
Clearly Loans homeowner loans Clearly Loans offers secured loans through its network of brokers, to UK homeowners with an existing mortgage.
Long term loans Long term loans can help lower your loan repayments, even if you have bad credit. Compare your options now.
Secured debt consolidation loans A secured loan can help you consolidate your existing debt by offering lower rates and more flexible loan terms.
Short term secured loans Short term secured loans let you borrow up to £2.5 million with more competitive rates, but also help to keep your overall interest costs down.
Fast secured loans Find out how fast you can get approved for a secured loan, and compare a range of secured loan quotes now.
How to get a secured loan Here's our step-by-step guide on getting a secured loan. Find out how to apply today.
Secured home improvement loans A secured loan can help fund any home improvements you have planned. See how it works here.