Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. See our debt help guides.
How does LiveLend compare against other fair credit lenders?
What is LiveLend?
LiveLend is a direct lender (not a broker) that was set up in March 2016 with the stated aim of providing simple and fast personal loans arranged entirely online. You can manage your loan easily, including speaking to an advisor over instant messaging, through your online account. LiveLend is a trading name of Chetwood Financial Ltd.
LiveLend won’t charge you a fee for taking out your loan, repaying it early or even if you miss a repayment (but missing a payment will mean you’ll pay more in interest and will hurt your credit score).
LiveLend’s “Reward Loan” is a pretty original concept. Throughout the term of your loan, LiveLend will check your credit score every three months, and if it improves significantly, then your interest rate will too – automatically. These credit checks won’t affect your credit score, and the good news is that it doesn’t work the other way – in other words, if your score gets worse, your rate doesn’t go up.
We spoke to LiveLend to find out how it’s different
Key features of LiveLend personal loans.
- Spread your loan over 12 to 60 months. Choose a loan term to suit your circumstances.
- Borrow £1,000 to £12,000. The amount you can borrow will be determined by your credit score and how much you can afford.
- Get a quick quote. LiveLend will give you a decision on a loan in just two minutes.
- Get the funds fast. Once you’ve been approved, you can expect the money in your bank account in less than 4 hours.
- “Dynamic” rates. If your credit score improves sufficiently while you’re paying back the loan, your loan rate will be reduced. If your score gets worse, your rate won’t go up, however.
- No arrangement fee. LiveLend won’t charge a fee for arranging your loan.
- Online account management. Make a payment, view your balance, speak to an advisor over live chat, or apply to borrow more from your online account.
- Repay your loan early at any time. If you repay early, you will pay back both the outstanding capital and any accrued interest. Unlike many personal loan providers, LiveLend will not charge you a fee for early repayment.
- No late fees. LiveLend will not charge you even if you are late making a repayment. However, missing a payment will lead to added interest and will affect your credit rating.
What is APR?If you’re comparing any credit-based products, it won’t be long before you’ll come across the Annual Percentage Rate (APR). This figure is designed to provide an annual summary of the cost of a loan. It takes into account both interest and any mandatory charges to be paid (for example an arrangement fee) over the duration of a loan.
All lenders must calculate the APR of their products in the same way, and must tell you the APR before you sign an agreement, so for consumers it can be a handy tool for comparison.
Bear in mind, however, that lenders are only obliged to award their advertised representative APR to 51% of customers – the other 49% could pay more.
Am I eligible for a LiveLend personal loan?
You should only apply for a LiveLend personal loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms. You must also:
LiveLend does not offer joint applications, guarantor loans or loans to businesses.
How can I apply?
Use the online loan calculator to choose the loan amount you want over your desired repayment term, then click “Get my quote”. You will be given a quote in just two minutes.
LiveLend will retrieve your quote in a way that won’t impact your credit score. The rest of the application will take around three minutes and once approved, you can expect the money in your bank account in under four hours.
Livelend customer reviews
LiveLend has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers according to review site TrustPilot. It currently has an “excellent” TrustPilot rating, with a score of 4.9 out of 5, based on more than 3,700 reviews (updated 9 April 2021). Many customers praised the quick and easy application process, and fast funding once their loan had been approved.
Frequently asked questions
Get personalised loan quotes
More guides on Finder
Emma mattress review
Find out more about the budget-friendly Emma mattress with its 200-day free trial, including comfort, composition, shipping, returns, FAQs and more.
Lending Innovation Awards 2021
These awards recognise innovation in the areas of credit cards, loans, mortgages and BNPL. We reveal this year’s winners.
What is a good credit score?
Find out the difference between a credit score and a credit report, plus the factors that can push your score up and down.
Bridging loan vs commercial mortgage
Find out if a bridging loan or commercial mortgage would suit you if you’re buying or refinancing commercial property and when a bridging loan can be a better option.
10 ways to improve your credit score
The best methods for getting your credit rating in top shape, and boosting your credit score.
Mitsubishi ASX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mitsubishi ASX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Frequently asked questions about Finder Credit Score
Find answers to any questions about your credit score and report.
Limited company loans
See how to get a business loan as a limited company in the UK, and how much you can borrow.
Kia Venga insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Venga falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Sole trader loans
Find out how to get a loan if you work for yourself, including which lenders offer business loans for sole traders.