Nissan 350z insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Nissan 350z based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
The Nissan 350z is a classy sporty coupe that is a joy to drive. In this guide, you’ll discover all you need to know about buying insurance for this vehicle.
Why choose a Nissan 350z?
This car looks great and it handles like a dream. It’s the best performing vehicle from Nissan’s Z range, yet they’re still somewhat affordable compared to other sports cars in its class.
What insurance group does the Nissan 350z fall under?
Nissan 350z car models fall within car insurance group 45. That means the cost of your premiums will be far more expensive in comparison to other makes and models.
However, the costs may vary slightly due to a number of different factors related to the vehicle.
As the Nissan 350z belongs to a single insurance group, there’s no need to compare them as this factor wont have any affect on the price.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Nissan 350z model, and how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance.
Nissan 350z insurance cost by location
The table above displays the average cost of insuring your Nissan 350z, based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
Here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Nissan 350z 3.5 V6 300 3d.
- Expensive: £1,265 (London SE1)
- Average: £1,112 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £844 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Nissan 350z insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger and more powerful the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. However, in this case, the Nissan 350z models all have 3.5-litre engines meaning different engine sizes wont be a factor here.
- Driver location. Where you live determines your perceived level of risk of making a claim. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,265 for insurance for a Nissan 350z 3.5 V6 313 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,112. That’s almost 150 difference just because of where you live. London has a higher crime rate and a bigger population, so this explains why more claims are made.
- Driver age. Statistically, the youngest drivers and the oldest drivers represent a bigger risk to insurers, so these groups are more likely to pay more for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,201 for the Nissan 350z 3.5 V6 313 GT 3d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,155. In this scenario, the 20-year-old has to pay almost double, and that can be the case for many other vehicles too.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your car’s safety rating score;
- Your car’s security and additional anti-theft precautions;
- The age of your car;
- The model of your car;
- Your annual mileage;
- Your credit history and job;
- Your marital status;
- Your driving history and activity, including your no claims discount.
How can I save on my Nissan 350z premiums?
Car insurance may be a necessary legal requirement, but you don’t want it emptying your bank account. It’s a much better idea to find a deal that’s within your budget. Here are some actions you can take to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage. Consider what journeys you can start taking by foot or public transport, rather than using your car, because reducing your annual mileage can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. This means you won’t have to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is deemed to be, the less of a risk it’s perceived to be for companies to insure. So, by adding extra safety measures, you’re likely to lower your premium.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Shop around for the best deal every year, rather than blindly accepting your renewal quote. You’ll usually find a cheaper option!
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Peugeot 106 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 106 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Abarth 595 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 595 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ecosport insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Ecosport falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai i40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai i40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Amica insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Amica falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Kadjar insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Kadjar falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert