Mazda RX-8 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Mazda RX-8 based on your age and location.
Mazda RX-8 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given an insurance group number that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) that helps determine the cost of your premium. Mazda RX-8 models range from insurance groups 27 to 34, so you can generally expect the cost of your insurance to be somewhere in the middle.
It’s important to note that the cost of insurance can vary between insurance groups based on a number of different factors including your car’s performance, safety features and cost of repair. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £894 for cover on a Mazda RX-8 (192ps) 4d (insurance group 27) or around £902 for a Mazda RX-8 PZ 4d, which falls in insurance group 34. In this example, the cost of car insurance for the Mazda RX-8 PZ 4d is an extra £8 due to its higher insurance group.
You can find the insurance group, and likely premium cost, of your Mazda RX-8 model in the table below.
Average Mazda RX-8 insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Mazda RX-8, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Mazda RX-8 with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £89.23 or an annual sum of £1,023.45.
Mazda RX-8 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Mazda RX-8 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, a number of other factors can affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show how much your location can impact your premium, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Mazda RX-8 Nemesis 4d.
- Expensive: £1,022 (London SE1)
- Average: £894 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £693 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my insurance costs?
Along with the insurance group, there are other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. The size and power of your engine plays a big role in determining the cost of your car insurance. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your premium. An average 30-year-old may pay £894 for the Mazda RX-8 Nemesis 4d, but could pay around £903 for the Mazda RX-8 R3 (231ps) 4d.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,046 for insurance for a Mazda RX-8 Kuro 4d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £906.
- Driver age. Younger drivers are statistically more likely to be involved in car accidents and, as a result, pose a greater risk to insurance providers. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,819 for the Mazda RX-8 Evolve 4d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £953. In this example, due to the increased risk involved for the younger driver, their premium is an extra £866 per year.
The following are other factors that can influence the cost of your insurance:
- Your marital status
- Your credit rating
- Your job title
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 39
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 39 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 38
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 38 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 40
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 40 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 37
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 37 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Nissan LEAF insurance group and cost
Find and compare car insurance costs for your Nissan LEAF model based on the engine size, the driver’s age and location.
Citroen C4 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Citroen C4 based on the driver’s age and location.
Car insurance group 32
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 32 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 33
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 33 and how much it might cost to insure them by driver age and location.
Car insurance group 35
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 35 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 36
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 36 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and location.
Ask an Expert