Mazda 6 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Mazda 6 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
The Mazda 6 is one of the most popular models to have come out of the Japanese company, Mazda. With its smooth braking and responsive handling, it is clear to see why this midsize sedan has managed to keep its popularity since its roll out in 2002.
What insurance group does the Mazda 6 fall under?
Mazda 6 car models fall within car insurance groups 16-30, which means the cost of your premium should fall somewhere in the middle in comparison to other makes and models.
However, the costs may vary slightly between different Mazda 6 insurance groups due to a number of different factors related to the vehicle. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £791 for cover on a Mazda 6 1.8 Sakata 5d (insurance group 16), or around £906 for a Mazda 6 Dynamic AWD Hybrid 2.5 VVT-i auto 5d that is in insurance group 30. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Mazda 6 model, and how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance.
Mazda 6 insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
Average Mazda 6 insurance cost in the UK
To give you an idea of how much it would cost to insure your Mazda 6, we ran several quotes in order to obtain an average figure. Our results estimated that you could, on average, insure your Mazda 6 with comprehensive cover for monthly payments of £91.60 or an annual sum of £1,043.20.
Insurance cost by location
Multiple factors play a role in the cost of your insurance premium, including your car’s safety rating and your credit history. However, the cost of car insurance is greatly impacted by your address.
To show how your location can impact your premiums, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Mazda 6 Excel AWD Hybrid 2.5 VVT-i auto 5d.
- Expensive: £1,046 (London SE1)
- Average: £906 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £705 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect the insurance rate for my Mazda 6?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. As a general rule of thumb, your car insurance will increase if your vehicle has a large and powerful engine. The Mazda 6s’ engines range from 1.8 litres up to 2.5 litres, so the premium can change. For example, you would pay around £948 for insurance on a Mazda 6 1.8 S 5d, while you could pay up to £1,010 for a Mazda 6 2.5 Sport (2010) 5d. In this specific example, the Mazda 2.5 Sport (2010) 5d that is 0.7 litres bigger in engine size, costs an extra £62 in premium.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident when calculating your insurance, and your location has a big impact on this. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,046 for insurance for a Mazda 6 Excel AWD Hybrid 2.5 VVT-i auto 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £906.
- Driver age. Unfortunately, younger drivers are statistically more likely to be involved in car accidents. Therefore, your age plays a huge role in determining the cost of your premiums. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,691 for the Mazda 2.0 TS 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £886.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums. These include the following:
- Your marital history
- Your credit history
- Your job title
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- Likelihood of theft
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving experience
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history
- No claims bonuses
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert